Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,541   Posts: 1,544,370   Online: 1070

Shooter
    Multi Format

WTB: 6-4.5 mask for RB67

I bought a 6/4.5 back for the RB67 pro S and I am looking for the mask that goes over the screen.
    This could be a long shot finding one but I could make one through trial and error. Don't want to unless I can't find one.
    Maybe mark on the screen also with fine point sharpie.

PM me if you have one and you want to make room in the drawer.

Thanks

Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I too would like one.

In the meantime, here is a scan of one. My friend has one, but won't part with it.

If it makes a difference, I have pdf and tiff versions as well. I don't have the exact dimensions though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RB67-Mask 645-1.jpg  
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I too would like one.

In the meantime, here is a scan of one. My friend has one, but won't part with it.

If it makes a difference, I have pdf and tiff versions as well. I don't have the exact dimensions though.
    Hey MattKing
    I think I'll make one. I'll just have to set it up on something I can leave the camera setup for a while to make the viewing measurments. The way it looks, The 2 red lines are good for the 2 1/4 measurment. I'll have to measure the 1 5/8 one.
    The only one I might have trouble with is the horizontal frame when the red lines dissapear when in 6x7 verticle which would be horizontal for 6x4.5.
    Thanks for the offer. Maybe if you can send it by PM, I might could use it.

Thanks
    Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    Hey MattKing
    I think I'll make one. I'll just have to set it up on something I can leave the camera setup for a while to make the viewing measurments. The way it looks, The 2 red lines are good for the 2 1/4 measurment. I'll have to measure the 1 5/8 one.
    The only one I might have trouble with is the horizontal frame when the red lines dissapear when in 6x7 verticle which would be horizontal for 6x4.5.
    Thanks for the offer. Maybe if you can send it by PM, I might could use it.

Thanks
    Richard
    Richard:

Send me your email by pm, and I'll email all three versions to you.

You can then use the "Resize" function in any image editing program to match the size of the mask to real life and print it out on your printer.

By the way, my friend thinks that the little triangular hole is important if you have a metering finder - I haven't checked.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry guys, I only have the RZ version. I don't think it's the same. But in principle it's just a flat piece of metal sheet and any other material of the same thickness that won't tear easily should also work. It actually might be useful to make it out of something semi-transparent, such as exposed and semi-developed sheet film. That way you'd be able to see what is just outside the field of view.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dorff View Post
    Sorry guys, I only have the RZ version. I don't think it's the same. But in principle it's just a flat piece of metal sheet and any other material of the same thickness that won't tear easily should also work. It actually might be useful to make it out of something semi-transparent, such as exposed and semi-developed sheet film. That way you'd be able to see what is just outside the field of view.
    Hey dorff
    That's what I came up with. Like minds I guess. I got it to size using PhotoShop and now I have a template to go by. I have some 4x5 film I can use. That should be thick enough to use. That way the tabs on the screen will hold it in place when I cut it to fit.

Thanks
    Richard

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin