Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,537   Online: 1053

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

LOOKING FOR A FOCOMAT IIC PART - small but important

Hello,

I am putting together a Focomat IIC and just found there's a guide pin missing. When you install the lamp housing it is meant to slide over two vertical chrome pins which are located behind the lamphead. The smaller of the two pins is missing, I enclose an image from a manual.

Anyone out there with parts for this enlarger? Thanks for looking!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2C pin.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You should call Leica in New Jersey -- their parts department would probably have it -- they had a power cord for my focomat Ic and it wasn't even horribly expensive.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If Leica doesn't have it, you should be able to get one made locally. If you need the dimensions let me know & I'll measure mine.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    If Leica doesn't have it, you should be able to get one made locally. If you need the dimensions let me know & I'll measure mine.
    Thanks John, it is kind of you to offer! I have another 2C, so also the example pin . . . I attach it here for those who have been wondering what it is lying on their kitchen table . . .

The pin is 2,75 inches long (7 cm)

Summicron1 is very kindly going to give a call to Leica US this coming week! I am in The Netherlands, which makes that not very easy. I will try here too, but I have done it before and get the pityful stereo-type answers . . .

And yes, if everything fails, I will have it made
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Focomat 2C guide pin lamphead.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    No luck with Leitz, in the US or in Germany . . . thank you Summicron1 for trying!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hilo,

There is a company in Germany called Kienzle. They make an enlarger that is very similar to the Focomat IIC. They also sell parts for Focomats and state that they can make custom parts as well. Here is a link.

http://www.kienzle-phototechnik.de/h...a69s_type.html
    Last edited by Zathras; 07-12-2013 at 05:13 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Hilo,

There is a company in Germany called Kienzle. They make an enlarger that is very similar to the Focomat IIC. They also sell parts for Focomats and state that they can make custom parts as well. Here is a link.

http://www.kienzle-phototechnik.de/h...a69s_type.html
    After checking my previous post, I realized that I was only posting a link to the page for the A-69S model enlarger, which seems to be quite similar to the Focomat IIC. Here is the link to the company's English language home page. Please let us know if this helps.

http://www.kienzle-phototechnik.de/h...e_english.html

Mike Sullivan
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks a lot for both posts ! I know well about Kienzle and have bought from them in the past. I will write them and let you know.

I think, if I do not find the part now, the priority is to fix the enlarger head myself. Not so difficult. Then I will probably take time to find this part at a reasonable price.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilo View Post
    Thanks a lot for both posts ! I know well about Kienzle and have bought from them in the past. I will write them and let you know.

I think, if I do not find the part now, the priority is to fix the enlarger head myself. Not so difficult. Then I will probably take time to find this part at a reasonable price.
    You're welcome! I don't know how I found out about Kienzle, they are not that well known where I live, but their range of enlargers appears to be quite impressive. I would love to see some of their products in person. I would love to be able to get one of their small color or VC heads to put onto my Valoy II. I'll bet they would have no problem supplying an adapter that would fit the new head to my enlarger perfectly.
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    You're welcome! I don't know how I found out about Kienzle, they are not that well known where I live, but their range of enlargers appears to be quite impressive. I would love to see some of their products in person. I would love to be able to get one of their small color or VC heads to put onto my Valoy II. I'll bet they would have no problem supplying an adapter that would fit the new head to my enlarger perfectly.
    Any VC head that fits the Focomats 1C and 2C also fits the Valoy II. I am sure the VC heads work well, but I am no fan of them for these Leitz enlargers. I much prefer the filters in a filterholder, with their fixed half-step values. The VC heads on these beautifully designed Leitz enlargers look out of place to me.

The Valoy II is one of the most beautiful enlargers, basic and high quality in all aspects. It is easy to modify the redfilter to a filterholder for VC filters. Many other brand filterholders will work, I use the filter holder of the Beseler 23C. Picture attached. Works with the Focomat 1C as well and probably would with the 2C too. The simple solution if your enlarger does not have the filter tray.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Valoy II grey 72.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin