Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,188   Online: 948

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

WTB: Bronica Waist level finder cheap

Looking for a waist level finder for Bronica ETR/ETRS/ETRSi.

There is no reason these should be $150.
    I'm thinking $40 or less shipped.

Anyone have an offer?
    - J. Richard
    4x5 Speed Graphic, Looking for another 8x10.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Demand and supply, simple as that. Good luck with that. You might nab one off ebay for cheap if you get lucky. You might get lucky here or on BUG (Bronica Users Group), for that matter. For $150 it had better be absolutely pristine.

KEH right now has an EX+ for $109, and an EX for $99. That's pretty much what they've been there for several years now. I suppose a BGN would be 10 or so bucks less if they had one, and a UG another 10 or 20 less, always depending on actual condition, of course.

You don't have to have to have the WL finder to shoot waistlevel, of course. You can just take off your prism and be careful to not scratch the screen.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I happen to have one for sale, it's from KEH rated EX and flawless. How about $85 plus postage? I can't get close to $40, as I bought it from KEH. Paul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hope this is not against the rules, I'm only replying to the OP's inquiry. http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/pho/3932573674.html

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Took me 6 months to find a SQA WLF for $75 a few years ago. There don't seem to be many floating around compared to the number of bodies.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Alas, yes, even circa 2006 I paid as much for an SQ(-A) WLF as I did for an SQ-A body!

I'm not sure what the analysis would be. Seems like the WLF is by far the lightest weight, and folded down is the most compact, so maybe everybody wants one. Or maybe because it is a relatively delicate and complex piece of mechanics they break more, dunno, but in general the prices are brutal. I wouldn't mind having one for my second SQ-A body, but I can't convince myself to pay the going rate. I have 90º and 45º non-metered prisms, so I can still field two operating cameras.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    My eyes get really tired/strained looking through a finder for a long time - its more of an "I can't seem to keep one eye shut" issue. My 4x5 doesn't give me that problem, nore does my old TLR with WLF... so I thought if I could find one for my ETRS it might relieve some of that strain. I tend to shoot slowly anyhow, so I don't mind not being able to whip it up to my eye as fast.
    - J. Richard
    4x5 Speed Graphic, Looking for another 8x10.

Shooter
    Instant Films
    not ideal if you need a magnifier, or need it to look super nice but a few years ago I did make a simple folding one for a SQ using duct tape and pipe cleaner.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin