Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,072   Online: 857

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

WTB: Canon EOS 1V / 3 / 1N

Hi guys,

I kind of want to have another AF SLR around so I can use my EF glass with film. I have owned all three of the cameras I'm looking for and I'm a fan of each one for different reasons. Ideally I would prefer a 1V again, but I don't think I quite have the budget for such a beast unless you'd be willing to sell yours for a low price. A 3 is probably the ideal one for me.
    I don't need the booster drives, the the plain-jane GR-E1 or GR-E2 grip will be fine.

Let me know what you've got.
    - Abram

Mamiya 7II / Hasselblad 500CM

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have a 1V, but I'm not selling, but I can say they are wonderful and if you can find a budget for it, I would go with that and no other.

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are a few at KEH right now, in case you haven't checked yet.

Mansur

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Yes the 1V was a magnificent camera to shoot with, I absolutely enjoyed mine, but I had sold it when I bought my Hexar AF which I love for different reasons.
    I have scoped out KEH, but I usually like to buy bargain grade stuff and they are a little short on that inventory right now. I'll use them as a backup option.
    - Abram

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    If it helps any, canon told me the only film camera they still have parts for us the 1V... So if your camera breaks and it's not a 3N you might be out of luck

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    That is a good point. I did find a 1V close to my price-point, and I'm trying to negotiate with the seller.
    Still definitely open to offers though!
    - Abram

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I'll make this a little interesting.
    If you have a very clean 1V body, I'll do a straight trade with you for my equally clean Hexar AF (w/ HX-14 flash). I love my Hexar, A LOT (in fact that's why I sold my 1V in the first place, to get the Hexar), but I have a freshly restored Yashica Electro to feed my RF needs, and some *cough* digital *cough* stuff to keep me otherwise occupied.
    - Abram

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Talk to this guy...

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/121160-canon-eos-1n-conus.html

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Buy Bruce's 1N. I have a 1V and you're not going to miss anything with the 1N. At the end of the day, you just need an AF body that can meter and use EF glass. 1N fits the bill.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Heh yeah Bruce and I talked about it already. I'm definitely considering it, but I'm also not in a rush. As I mentioned, I've owned all three of these bodies, two 3s for several years, a 1N for a couple more years and the 1V which I only had for maybe 6 months or so before I traded it for the Hexar.

I realize the 1V is somewhat overkill, but it also is more compatible with everything that I have (E-TTL flash, and N3 connectors for remotes).
    - Abram

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin