Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,547   Online: 996

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbob View Post
    I have an unopened box of Fuji Quickload Velvia 100F 4x5 - 20 sheets. Kept in my freezer since 2006. How's that for expired?
    I'll take that offer since the OP doesn't have a quick load I you're CONUS

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bumping this @ $2/sheet. I'm desperate, guys! :o

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    Bumping this @ $2/sheet. I'm desperate, guys! :o
    I can't believe it's not cheaper to buy it there considering how much it is to ship international and that you're in the area of FUJI ...

I don't know but I'm just surprised you can't get it there and make it worth the price. Ask an APUGer from that area or something. Call a few labs there. Call Fuji themselves and ask where they have suppliers?

Just a suggestion.

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    At $2 a sheet for a 50 sheet box, that's $100 + $23 for Priority Flat Rate box.

Here in Japan, the cheapest I can find is Amazon.co.jp, for 7800 yen per 20 sheets (with free Prime shipping). which amounts to like $195 for 50 sheets. Still quite a bit cheaper.

If I can get 2x 50 sheet box, that's $223 for 100 sheets vs. 39,000 yen (~$390), making it MUCH cheaper.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    At $2 a sheet for a 50 sheet box, that's $100 + $23 for Priority Flat Rate box.

Here in Japan, the cheapest I can find is Amazon.co.jp, for 7800 yen per 20 sheets (with free Prime shipping). which amounts to like $195 for 50 sheets. Still quite a bit cheaper.

If I can get 2x 50 sheet box, that's $223 for 100 sheets vs. 39,000 yen (~$390), making it MUCH cheaper.
    Amazon!! No no, an actual photo store, Amazon is always overpriced... Find a photo store, I once found 50 photo stores in India for a guy, just with google, try googling "photography lab, [city], Japan

See what you get.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Amazon!! No no, an actual photo store, Amazon is always overpriced... Find a photo store, I once found 50 photo stores in India for a guy, just with google, try googling "photography lab, [city], Japan

See what you get.

Nope, like with the US, Amazon now will mostly list the cheapest prices you can find, if not directly through their warehouses, through one of their partners.

A 20-sheet box of Provia 100F goes for ~8500 yen at some of the major camera chains (e.g. Bic Camera).

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    sad

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Buy new like the rest of us? It's 74$/20 sheets from Freestyle. If you can afford to go to Japan and shoot 4x5, you can afford 40 sheets. Yes, it sucks at close to 4$/pop, I know.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Medium Format
    CLOSING THREAD. I did end up buying a fresh box

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin