Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,174   Online: 795

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

[WTB] Expired 4x5 Provia 100F

Hi,

I'm currently taking a 1 month vacation in Japan and I stupidly forgot to bring an extra box of my favorite E6. If there is anyone who can ship me a box of 50 (or 100) Provia 100F pronto, I would be extremely grateful. I like to pay around $1.50 a sheet for expired 4x5 Provia 100F (hopefully freezed/refrigerated). Obviously people living in or near Japan would be optimal, but as long as you have a mail service akin to USPS Priority Flat Rate Envelope that can get me the stuff within 2 weeks, that's fine. Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry for a stupid question, but can't you just get some fresh film locally? I don't know where in Japan you are, but if you are near Tokyo, then Shinjuku station is the heaven for all kinds of camera/film stuff.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Not a stupid question. If it comes down to it, that's what I'll do. But what I'm looking for is economics (~1.5USD/sheet vs. ~$4/sheet for fresh film)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have an unopened box of Fuji Quickload Velvia 100F 4x5 - 20 sheets. Kept in my freezer since 2006. How's that for expired?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbob View Post
    I have an unopened box of Fuji Quickload Velvia 100F 4x5 - 20 sheets. Kept in my freezer since 2006. How's that for expired?
    2006 is nothing I constantly shoot E6 from the late 90s. A bit magenta, but beautiful nonetheless.

Problem with your stash (for me) is that you're probably going to want more than $1.50/sheet, along with the fact that I don't have a quickload holder

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bump: any other E6 in your fridge?

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Are you sure it's actually 4$/sheet in the JP market?
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Medium Format
    7,708 yen for 20 sheets on Amazon.co.jp. OK, at the current weak Yen rate, not *quite* $4 per sheet, but it's pretty damn close.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Find someone in JP who can verify the price for you. I don't know if I believe the Amazon price.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Amazon is cheaper than most I'd say. Bic Camera which is a major camera chain carries them for 8400 yen. http://www.biccamera.com/bicbic/jsp/...=4547410247763

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin