Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,998   Posts: 1,524,314   Online: 867

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

WTD: 120/620 Folders for classroom

im a teacher( Professor of Art ) in need of inexpensive 120/620 folder / tlr cameras for my photography class students this coming september perfer lens f6.3 or wider and shutter speeds to 1/200 +

also for the classroom: expired film / paper / empty 120 plastic spools / 6 empty 4x5 film boxes / 2 8x10 empty film boxes / 3 empty 620 spools / 1 each 116 / 616 /122 /127 / 828 spool with paper backing and 1 Falcon Print Mounting Positioner ( one I had broke last year)

appreciate your help, want to expand the class beyond 35mm, more than half of the students come into the class without film cameras, keeping analog photo alive. Happy to say two students from my summer class I helped set up darkrooms.

Thanks
    Last edited by mds721; 07-23-2013 at 11:14 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have several 620 folders, they are Kodak Tourists. Are you going to re-spool 120 film ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    yes respooling 120 BW film

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    How are you handling the bad bellows issues with old folders?

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have used Scotch Photographic Tape - Black or old cloth black electrical tape

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mds721 View Post
    I have used Scotch Photographic Tape - Black or old cloth black electrical tape
    You'd have some serious work to do on mine... Haha you can see holes without even holding it up to light hehe

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    for the serious work I have in the past used rice paper to fill in

Shooter
    Large Format
    How do you re-spool 120 to 620? The film is untaped and the 12th exposure end of the film. But it's taped at the beginning. Seems like it would bunch at the begininng. Always wondered that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    How do you re-spool 120 to 620? The film is untaped and the 12th exposure end of the film. But it's taped at the beginning. Seems like it would bunch at the begininng. Always wondered that.
    Computers are your friend: http://www.bpwltd.com/620120.html

Just one of many examples.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    yes it does bunch up at the beginning, doing it carefully it will not bunch up as much, first rewind on another empty spool or advance in a hassy back, starting from exposed end start respool on 620 spool close to the 120 spool to catch the untaped end or palace a small piece of tape to hold it down,remove the tape and retape to flatten out the film its up about 1/8 to 1/4 inch tops
    if you have an old expired film practice in the daylight, I've been doing it since 1967.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin