Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,402   Online: 726

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Haas Intellifaucet D250 Wanted

Hello All!

I'm about to build my new darkroom sink and I'm trying to source a Haas Intellifaucet at a reasonable price. If you have one you're selling, please let me know.

Thank you!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think I found mine on eBay a number of years ago. Save the search and it will show up. I sent it back to Haas for an overhaul (probably not needed) and they charged what I considered a very reasonable price. You are going to love it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Haas Intellifaucet D250 Wanted

Have U tried eBay?
    I saw a Haas on eBay w/in the last 3 weeks.
    I don't know if it was a "D250". I'm pretty sure it was an "Intellifaucet"
    I think it was in a SS sheetmetal case. I know it didn't have bit's & pieces hanging out.
    Jay Drew
    jdrew001@gmail.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I looked on the 'Bay for a brief eternity and never saw one at a price/condition/return policy point that made sense. I finally did the right thing and bought one new from the factory. Best darkroom decision ever. There is no way to overestimate the value of the time saved in the darkroom. Many folks will spend the value of an Intellifaucet on lattes in a year without blinking. Nobody would think you were crazy if you spent $4000 on a motor for a bass boat so you should not feel funny about dropping $1200 on a darkroom tool that will last as long as you live. If you do not have the cash, this type of item is a good choice for a credit card expenditure because it is a long term durable item and you will not be suffering any temptation to buy a second one anytime soon!

Just two cents from the voice of experience.

Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jon koss View Post
    I finally did the right thing and bought one new from the factory. Best darkroom decision ever. There is no way to overestimate the value of the time saved in the darkroom. Many folks will spend the value of an Intellifaucet on lattes in a year without blinking.
    Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

I stretched and bought a new K250 ten years ago. Absolutely, positively the best darkroom expenditure I ever made. There is nothing like pressing a button... and instantly getting perfect temperature water. Every time. Over and over. For the rest of your natural life.

Mine is so precise that I when using water jackets I routinely adjust by 1/10ths of degrees to account for heat gained or lost to the environment from SS holding tanks. There is no slop. There is no error. Perfect every time.

The only caveat might be to verify in advance how many weeks each year you can count on a sub-68F ambient cold water supply for mixing. Or whatever temperature you use. This will tell you how many weeks of use you can expect annually. Fortunately for me in the Pacific Northwest, my ambient cold water is under 68F year round. But YMMV...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

I stretched and bought a new K250 ten years ago. Absolutely, positively the best darkroom expenditure I ever made. There is nothing like pressing a button... and instantly getting perfect temperature water. Every time. Over and over. For the rest of your natural life.

Mine is so precise that I when using water jackets I routinely adjust by 1/10ths of degrees to account for heat gained or lost to the environment from SS holding tanks. There is no slop. There is no error. Perfect every time.

The only caveat might be to verify in advance how many weeks each year you can count on a sub-68F ambient cold water supply for mixing. Or whatever temperature you use. This will tell you how many weeks of use you can expect annually. Fortunately for me in the Pacific Northwest, my ambient cold water is under 68F year round. But YMMV...

Ken
    Or if you live in the Southwest where the water temp is seldom that low, you can buy a chiller. My water comes from above ground tanks and much ofthe year it is pretty warm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sounds great guys, thanks.

I do have a chiller that I'm plumbing into my jobo for film development in the warm months. I plan on testing it for B&W development, first to make sure I like it. If not, I'll plumb the chiller into the sink.

I have come across a nearly new Delta (CPM, Inc.) Model 25 water panel for $60.... Kind of hard to pass a deal like that up, so I may go that route for now, unless you guys can convince me that to do so would be a waste.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jon koss View Post
    I looked on the 'Bay for a brief eternity and never saw one at a price/condition/return policy point that made sense.Jon
    Ebay has the best return policy in the world regardless of what any seller might claim or write in his item description - if you dont like it - send it back, your refund is always guaranteed by Ebay, regardless of what a seller might say or claim.... There is not an easier way to return things in the world .
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Matthew,

One thing that you may not know (and that I found out the hard way) is that the thermostatic servo valves (CPM and their ilk) require a substantial minimum flow to work properly. This flow may be much larger than you want or need. There is (or was) a factory mod kit that supposedly reduced the minimum flow to something like 2.5 GPM from the usual 5 (or something like that) which is still a lot of water. Also, every one that I have ever used took forever to stabilize, particularly at low flow.

I look forward to eventually having a chiller to bring the 71 F well water down below 68 so I, too, can use an Intellifaucet

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by CatLABS View Post
    Ebay has the best return policy in the world regardless of what any seller might claim or write in his item description - if you dont like it - send it back, your refund is always guaranteed by Ebay, regardless of what a seller might say or claim.... There is not an easier way to return things in the world .
    The official eBay guidance follows. It is not quite as Shangri-La.

Do I have to accept returns?
    No, but you do have to specify a return policy. You may specify that you do not accept returns by setting your policy to “No returns accepted.” If you accept returns, you’re required to accept returns for any reason, including when buyers change their minds.

We encourage you to accept returns to attract more buyers and increase the likelihood of selling your items. All sellers should familiarize themselves with the terms of the eBay Buyer Protection Policy, which offers buyers certain protections if an item is not as described or not received.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin