Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,261   Online: 1006

Shooter
    Multi Format

WTB split image focus screen for Nikon F4

During a break in I lost one of three Nikon F4. Unfortunately the only one with a focus screen that I liked.
    I only use manual lenses so I am looking for a focus screen with split image. It doesn't really matter which one but if any one has a type R collecting dust I would be very interested otherwise I'm looking for any one of types K, L or P.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Still looking for one of these and would be grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    eBay seems to be the usual suspect with respect to getting one. Alternatively, get a red dot F3 screen of your preference. Disassemble the screen and remove the fresnel screen part itself. Disassemble an F4 screen, take out the F4 fresnel screen, and install the F3 screen in its place. Reassemble, then install in your F4. Enjoy having a split-image again.

-J
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2ASx2, F
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 35/2 O, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.8 AF, 50/2 H, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Nikon_F View Post
    eBay seems to be the usual suspect with respect to getting one. Alternatively, get a red dot F3 screen of your preference. Disassemble the screen and remove the fresnel screen part itself. Disassemble an F4 screen, take out the F4 fresnel screen, and install the F3 screen in its place. Reassemble, then install in your F4. Enjoy having a split-image again.

-J
    Well, that could be done but I'll try to get an original F4 screen and keep this in mind as a backup plan. Thanks for the tip.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin