Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,266   Posts: 1,534,331   Online: 795

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

WTB: broken or unloved Mamiya RB67 220 back

I'm looking for a Mamiya RB67 220 back. It doesn't have to work and I'm not willing to spend much for it. I have a crazy idea to convert it for wetplate use. Let me know what you have and how much. Thanks.

I can't believe the prices they are asking on Ebay for these. When was the last time 220 film was made?

Joe

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smieglitz View Post
    When was the last time 220 film was made?
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...524+4130468173

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Looks like there are only two 220 color films still made by Kodak:http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...mCatalog.jhtml

No B&W.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Joe:

I think I have one with a counter that isn't working.

I am, however, in a different country and a long way away from you.

If you don't find one closer, you can have my problem back for the cost of postage.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Surely there are lots of these out there sitting idle in drawers. Seems like most of the kits I see include a 120 and a 220 back.

Good luck on your search, and do keep us posted on this project. Sounds like a wild idea. Interested to see what you come up with!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a non-functioning (ie the lock won't move) RZ67 220 back. Guessing that won't help you. I'm close to you though, so I thought I'd let you know.
    If you call it a "prime lens" because it's a fixed-focal length (i.e. not a zoom lens), then as Inigo Montoya said so eloquently, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin