Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,234   Posts: 1,532,933   Online: 1030

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Agfa Clack

WTB: Agfa Clack

A friend of mine is looking for an Agfa Clack in decent condition. Anyone have one gathering dust in a closet?

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Clack?

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by George Collier View Post
    Clack?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	agfa_clack-camera.jpeg 
Views:	15 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	74216 Clack!

Produced by Agfa in 1954-1965.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Agfa Click en Clack.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	74217 and to its left: it's smaller brother the Agfa Click (6x6 cm negative)

The Clack is a beautiful simple camera: 120 roll film, 6x9 negative size, slightly curved film plane.
    Much more fun than a Holga (IMHO) and also excellent for rebuilding into a pinhole camera.

They can be found as cheap as $5 with an every ready case.
    Last edited by TheToadMen; 09-10-2013 at 11:49 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've always wanted one of these as well - but $5? I'm definitely living in the wrong hemisphere as I've never seen them that cheap in AU - and as for Evilbay, if you have a spare $75 hanging around, you can grab yourself a real bargain!!

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ozphoto View Post
    I've always wanted one of these as well - but $5? I'm definitely living in the wrong hemisphere as I've never seen them that cheap in AU - and as for Evilbay, if you have a spare $75 hanging around, you can grab yourself a real bargain!!

Prices may very here as well (sometimes asking $150, but who is counting ....). But they can be found here on (digital & analog) flea markets for $10 frequently.
    I'm willing to look for you, but shipping costs would be Euro 16 extra (still no $75 though).
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Thanks for the offer, ToadMen, but I know they can be found here in the USA without all the hassles and expense of international shipment. I bought one a week or so ago on the popular auction site as part of a two-camera, $18 buy-it-now offer - with a flash (!??) postage included. They show up on Craigslist, too, for reasonable amounts. Auction prices seem to get out of hand for these and other cameras that can be found in flea markets and garage sales. I think $10 is a bargain, and $20-$30 is reasonable for one in working condition.

They are really simple and fun to use, fun to handle because of their retro look and design. I haven't processed my first test films yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Peter Gomena

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    Prices may very here as well (sometimes asking $150, but who is counting ....). But they can be found here on (digital & analog) flea markets for $10 frequently.
    I'm willing to look for you, but shipping costs would be Euro 16 extra (still no $75 though).
    I recently bought a near mint one including the leather! version of the ever-ready case for 4€€. Sure on the low end. But 10€€ would be a good average. But I don't see them on every fleamarket, rather now and then.

But 150$ ?? Must have been Lomography-refurbished...

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by George Collier View Post
    Clack?
    Actually the name does not origin from Agfa, but from the Rietzschel camera works who later had been bought by the Bayer company and via IG-Farben ended up with Agfa.
    "Clack" was first used for a variety of folding cameras in different formats.
    Last edited by AgX; 09-10-2013 at 04:19 PM. Click to view previous post history.

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They are fun cameras to use and the quality of the prints that can be made is actually pretty decent.
    I have not use mine for a few years and don't remember how much I paid but i'm sure I bought it on the big auction site.

This one was taken in Joshua Tree a few years ago: http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showima...mageuser=10922

Great example, Jan! Yes, I don't expect the pictures to look like they were made with a Hasselblad. That's not the point. I'm sure the original intent for the pictures from a Clack was for them to be contact printed, so no one would notice any softness or other effects. I don't envision enlarging them to more than about 6x9", but you never know. Big, soft and odd is okay in my book when the intent is to have fun.

Pete

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin