Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,669   Online: 890

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTB: Nikon Body (FE?)

I have a Nikkor 50mm f1.8 AI lens that was given to me by a friend who has passed on. I would like to start using it and carrying a camera with me all the time.

But, I need a body. Something with aperture priority as well as manual, takes AI lenses and preferably has Mirror Lockup just in case I decide to use it on a tripod. The FE sounds like it might fit the bill (mirror lock up with the self timer). I'd like an F3HP but just can't swing that right now.

Most importantly it needs to be cheap and in working order. I'm don't really have the extra cash for this right now but, as I said, I have this great urge to start using that lens and carrying a camera with me all the time...

I can pay via USPS MO or work out a trade for one of my prints if you are so inclined.

Thanks!
    Shawn
    Last edited by Shawn Dougherty; 10-02-2013 at 01:25 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, I don't have an FE, but, if you can live without manual control I can send you a Nikon EM for the cost of postage. It's aperture priority, can work at 1/90 without a battery, and has a self timer. Not sure if the mirror flips up on it. The ASA dial is loose and turns easily so you *could* use it to set your shutter speed while looking thru the viewfinder. Kind of manual, that way.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you for that generous offer! I truly appreciate it. I am familiar with the EM and unfortunately I can't live without full manual option. When I used these kinds of cameras in the past I almost always shot by sunny 16 and experience, only occasionally using aperture priority.

Again, thank you for the generous offer! =) APUG is the best.

Shawn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a nice F3HP I would let go. It has a nice lens on it too, 28-70 tokina I think. I am not looking for huge money, so feel free to make a reasonable offer. It's had a recent CLA, I am just not really a nikon guy (mostly EOS for 35mm).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ed, thank you for your reply. An F3HP is my ideal camera but as I said I just don't have the cash to invest in one at the moment (based on what they are selling for at KEH and feePay).

I'm unable to spend more than about $50 on a body right now, which would not be a reasonable offer I'm afraid... Thank you, though! =)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Shawn,
    How's 'bout a Nikon 6006?
    Works in manual & Aperture priority with manual lenses and P & S with AF lenses and it uses a Standard cable release.
    drawbacks are in timer it doesn't lift the mirror when the ST is set and it uses a CR123 battery.
    The CR123's are small & light if you want to carry a spare.

$30.00 in $$ or PARTIAL trade toward another one of your prints
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John,
    Thank you for reaching out. =) I worked at a camera shop from 1999 to 2003 and am pretty familiar with many of these cameras. I was never a big fan of the 6006, 8008 type cameras. The always seemed a little "clunky" to me. I prefer the smaller, mostly metal MF bodies.

But... THANK YOU for your kind and generous offer. =) I truly appreciate it. Also, sending you a PM about something.

Again, APUG is the best.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Shawn,

If you don't mind something a bit ugly compared to the FE, but same basic camera, there is the EL2. Has a true mirror lockup. Unfortunately, it's not compatible with the MD-12 and does take the PX28 battery that goes into the mirror box. Otherwise, it's essentially the same. Another option, if you don't mind doing the "Nikon Shuffle" each time you change the lens, would be to go with an EL or an ELw. They're pre-AI, so your Nikkors will need to have their prongs installed. Those cameras go for cheap.

-J
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, I can't get over what a bunch of great people there are on this forum. I know...off topic...but hey, in this crazy world, it all adds up. RJ

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldj23 View Post
    Wow, I can't get over what a bunch of great people there are on this forum. I know...off topic...but hey, in this crazy world, it all adds up. RJ
    ABSOLUTELY!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin