Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,961   Posts: 1,523,132   Online: 964

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

WTB: Pentax adapter for M42 Screw Mount lens on K-mount film body

I'm looking for an real, genuine, not-a-copy Pentax lens adapter permitting me to put my M42 screw mount lenses on a K body (an MX, specifically). I know there are many others made by some good and some not-so-good companies, but I think it's safest to use the real deal. (I wonder if they came with, or require, a removal tool?) Please PM me if you have one for sale -- I'd appreciate it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Pentax one has a small metal sprung catch to keep it from moving when you unscrew a lens and they don't need a removal tool.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Well, you don't need a special tool for the Pentax, but you do need something to push the spring back when removing it from the body.
    Some I know just remove the spring and attach it somewhat permanently to the lens (Loctite would do the job).
    It's expensive per lens but saves a lot of hassle removing the lens, and then the mount, to go back to a K lens.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I'll probably be shooting primarily older M42 lenses, so won't be removing the adapter from the MX body all that frequently.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CollinB View Post
    Well, you don't need a special tool for the Pentax, but you do need something to push the spring back when removing it from the body.
    Some I know just remove the spring and attach it somewhat permanently to the lens (Loctite would do the job).
    It's expensive per lens but saves a lot of hassle removing the lens, and then the mount, to go back to a K lens.
    I've always managed with just my fingernail.

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin