Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,660   Online: 972

Shooter
    Multi Format

WTB: 4x5 Black and White film/Dark cloth

Hi, I'm just getting started in 4x5, having bought most my gear here, and the only thing I don't have to go out and shoot is the film. I have found that it's pretty expensive. And the prices go up with the film size, dramatically. OK, I'm a bit pollyanna'ish. So, I'm looking for some 4x5 film, B&W only, expired is fine as long as the price is good and it's not over 20-30 years old. Kept cool or cold is preferred. Just about anything that will work, since I'm not making treasures yet, but I do need somewhat consistent results so that I can improve. Let me know what you have and where you are, I'm in Michigan, and how much you need for the film and shipping. I think I would also prefer standard ISO's either 100 or 400 or in the range. Well, thanks in advance if you have something I can use. Bob Nancarrow.

You can PM me here or contact me through the email, nanthor@hotmail.com. Thanks again, Bob.

P.S. I also need a dark cloth if anyone has one for sale or can point me to a good deal. For a 4x5 field camera like a Tachihara. Thanks, Bob.
    Last edited by nanthor; 11-12-2013 at 02:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This may not be the best time to get frugal. If you shoot fresh film you remove one variable that could cause inconsistent results. Suggest you change where you are being frugal: spend the money to buy fresh film and shoot more frugally by using less of it in better ways. That is my experience, hence it is my advise to you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you, probably very good advice. I was going to buy some student type fresh film from Freestyle but they are all sold out for now, looks like December is the soonest it will be in.

In response to your advice I should amend my WTB ad. I would like to buy some relatively fresh B&W film if anyone has some. Thanks, and I will probably have to go with Amazon or one of the big retailers and pay full price for the fresh stuff. Thanks for the advice, I do listen. Bob.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Other then using xray rilm this stuff is going to be the cheapest.
    http://www.freestylephoto.biz/catego...attr%5B%5D=1-4
    although as was previously mentioned they are out of stock for another month.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I would second the suggestion to not cheap out on film. I would use something you can trust, so you know the film quality is not a factor. You would also be surprised how far a 50 sheet box of Tri-X (for example) can go, when all is said and done it's actually a good deal

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Contact me, I have a handfull of sheets of Efke PL 100 I'll give you.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've mailed you some film.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nanthor View Post
    P.S. I also need a dark cloth if anyone has one for sale or can point me to a good deal. For a 4x5 field camera like a Tachihara. Thanks, Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin