Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,908   Posts: 1,584,642   Online: 843

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

WTB: 8x10 BTZS Tubes

I'm looking for the older 8x10 BTZS tubes like in the attached photo. I'd like at least one to go with the one I already have since they work better in pairs. It would be nice to find a few but I know that's pushing it. You can PM or email me if you have any to sell.

Roger
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Still looking.

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Look on Ebay for welding rod tubes, that's what they are Identical and a fraction of the price.

Ian

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I made mine from ABS tubing. I fixed a pipe cap on one end and put a threaded cap on the other end. I used 2" pipe for my 4x5's and 3" for my 8x10's. I can send pic's (I think I still have them) if you wish.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ian, thanks for the tip, but I already have the rod tubs and the while they do yield the same end results I like the old style tube much better. I already have one and would really like to find a second one because I have a tempering bath that will hold two 8x19 tubes perfectly. Actually a couple more would be nice but I know that I'm pushing my luck.

John, thanks for the offer. I made 5x7 tubes from 2" PVC pipe and ABS slip-on caps and couplers and am pleased with them. My concerns with making 8x10 was getting the caps off when the processing was done and with them leaking. I hadn't though about using threaded fitting. Still the problem is that I spoiled by the one original tube that I already own. The thing that is nice with it is that the threads are three lead, so the cap comes off in about one turn making it very fast to open the tube and get it in the stop.

Roger

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin