Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,958   Posts: 1,586,112   Online: 1163

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    A couple of years ago, I couldn't give away two extra enlargers. A nice late-model Vivitar VI (I think) and a very clean Durst. When we moved, they went to the thrift shop.
    I've put a few on the sidewalk in the past decade: C760, Durst M305, and a Valoy that was missing some parts (used for my current Valoy). Couldn't even get $50 for any of them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cbphoto View Post
    bump

I thought enlargers were supposed to be plentiful and cheap these days?
    the good deals are gone by now.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stuff is still out there: http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/pho/4251276245.html

Of course some people haven't quite caught up with reality: http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/pho/4253042266.html
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Nothing listed on CL right now is complete, actually in NYC, or reasonably priced. I've checked them all obsessively

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got an Omega c760 XL without baseboard in very good condition. It has a 35mm carrier and lens board for 39mm lenses. This is the extra long version with angled column for big enlargements. I have the mounting bolts and nuts for the attachment to the baseboard but no base. You can get a piece of mdf from home depot or lowes and make one by drilling 4 holes. You can get rubber feet or if your building a table around it, you can get self leveling feet (it requires you to pre-drill some holes to insert feet that you can adjust by turning a wrench).

How about $50? Located in Brooklyn as well. PM for more details.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks, but I think I'm set now. I got a super-cheap Focomat 1B off ebay with no expectations that it would actually work out, and it did! I have to check the alignment (not that it is adjustable, but things could be slightly out of shape) more accurately later this weekend, but so far it looks good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin