Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,878   Posts: 1,629,506   Online: 1000

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just thought I would tie up the thread with how I resolved it.

Stopped by the local camera store and spotted a decent looking FM (chrome) with a clean 50/1.8 E Went back today and picked it up. $50 later I have another working (meter works!) FM.

Went home and pulled out the broken 50/2.0 to swap the Skylight filter over. Strangely as I loosened the filter a good portion of the front of lens came out with it. With nothing to lose I turned the lens over and the inner barrel slid out.

Long story short, at some point someone must have partially disassembled the lens and misaligned the pins that control the aperture and metering. Fifteen minutes of tinkering later I have a fully working 50mm/F:2.
    Tri-X in HC-110 forever.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    You really need a FG or EM as a backup...

But well done.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well Now I have two FM's and an FE. All as backups to my Pentax kit.

Which are backups for my EOS film bodies...

And if I get bored I have a decent, M42 kit, Zenit EM's, Spotmatics, and a couple of Argus STL's.

My film SLR bullpen is pretty dang deep....
    Tri-X in HC-110 forever.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    eek

I got two F2, a FM2n, three FG and one FG20.

It takes me longer to reassamble the aperture couplings but some are easier than others.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Tractors View Post
    Well Now I have two FM's and an FE. All as backups to my Pentax kit.

Which are backups for my EOS film bodies...

And if I get bored I have a decent, M42 kit, Zenit EM's, Spotmatics, and a couple of Argus STL's.

My film SLR bullpen is pretty dang deep....
    Just need to add some MD-mount gear... ;-)

In all seriousness, consider getting a MD-12 for use with the bodies, if you don't have one already. The 20 second meter shutoff is kinda nice. Plus, the fact that the advance lever isn't always stabbing you in the eye.

-J
    APUG: F5, F3HP, F2AS, Nikomat FT2, FTn, Nikkormat EL, FT
    DPUG: D2x
    Nikkors: 18-55/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX (f/D2x), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/2 H, 50/1.4 S, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 PC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Nikon_F View Post

In all seriousness, consider getting a MD-12 for use with the bodies, if you don't have one already. The 20 second meter shutoff is kinda nice. Plus, the fact that the advance lever isn't always stabbing you in the eye.

-J
    Or a MD-14 for the FG-20s my FGs seem to tolerate the motor ok and the FG/FG-20 chassis is in common

I prefer the ugly sister series E /1.8 handling to the long nose AIs or pancake AIs Cinderellas.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Nikon_F View Post

-J
    Funny you should say that.

I started out with an X-370! (My first one still works) Still have the MD stuff, but I switched systems due to Minolta's legendary un-reliability.

I do have an MD-12 grip for the Nikons, I use it on occasion.
    Tri-X in HC-110 forever.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Tractors View Post
    Funny you should say that.

I started out with an X-370! (My first one still works) Still have the MD stuff, but I switched systems due to Minolta's legendary un-reliability.

I do have an MD-12 grip for the Nikons, I use it on occasion.
    lol, sounds like you're all set, then... Yeah, I think the X series wasn't as reliable as the old SR and SRT bodies. The XK and some of the earlier X series cameras (XD-11, XE series, etc) were fairly decent, reliability-wise.

-J
    APUG: F5, F3HP, F2AS, Nikomat FT2, FTn, Nikkormat EL, FT
    DPUG: D2x
    Nikkors: 18-55/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX (f/D2x), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/2 H, 50/1.4 S, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 PC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin