Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,544   Online: 862

Shooter
    35mm

Looking for a cheap exakta 35mm body. Ugly is fine.

I have a few exakta lenses I would like to try out, but the camera I got with them is J-U-N-K. Its missing way too many parts of the body. Forget light seals, I am not sure it can even hold a roll of film!

What do you have and how much do you want for it?

Thanks!
    "If its not broken, I can't afford it."

Shooter
    35mm
    Working inexpensive Exakta bodies are not that easy to find. Your best luck might be with the VX1000 or VX500 models - not as classic as the older ones, but they more often than not work as encountered. I'd say the majority of earlier model Exakta bodies (not sold by experts) have a fatal flaw of some sort requiring significant repairs. Good luck.
    Last edited by davela; 01-11-2014 at 04:43 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a Beseler Topcon Super D body that is dented in one corner, with removeable pentaprism that is also dented. The shutter fires, and I have tested at all shutter speeds between 1/1000 and 1/2, all speeds have been verified as consistent with each other for exposure at full range of f/stops on lens. I can provide developed test roll showing all shots same density.
    Body was $370 (with 50mm f/1.8 lens) when new, and in 1964 is the first SLR on the market with Thru-The-Lens metering. This camera body accepts Exakta mount lenses. They are rugged tanks among SLRs, used by US Navy and US Air Force as cameras 25 years ago.
    I can let this go for $90 shipped within USA. On eBay undamaged bodies are listed for $400 even today! I have four of these, so I can afford to let one go at an attractive price.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the thoughts! The one I found had several flaws, they are old cranky things.

The Topcon is a nice offer, but way out of my price range. I have one offer from a PM I am considering, but they have more lenses that I dont need.
    "If its not broken, I can't afford it."

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin