Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,329   Posts: 1,537,183   Online: 814

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

28mm lens and camera - open to many options

I'm travelling a bit in a few months and will likely find myself in dangerous situations. I have a Leica M6 with a 28mm Elmarit lens and really don't feel like taking it in situations I know I have a good chance of running into issues. So, I'm looking for a couple 28mm setups. I have an old Nikkormat and Nikkor 28mm f3.5 setup (I got it for $75 on APUG) that I love and that will be one that I take. I also have a point and shoot Nikon 28mm camera ($40 on APUG) that is also amazing. If I could score one more of each or something similar, I would be gold for this trip. I'm not really looking to spend more than $100, but obviously the cost is relative the value. So, let me know what you have! It has to be in perfect working order, but the more beat up and ugly the better. I only ask in terms of a lens that it's in at least decent shape and can tolerate some marks on the glass and fungus/haze, but don't offer something that will seriously hinder image quality.

Thanks in advance!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have a few canon FD bodies - T50, T70 and A-1. I'm pretty sure I have a Vivitar 28mm to go with them (and a bunch of other FD lenses). $10 for the T50, maybe $25 for the lens. More for the 70 or 1 (but the A-1 can double as a weapon in a dangerous situation)

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    After looking upstairs in the spare room, I just realized I have an A-1 and an F-1 (although I can't find the later). A Canon FD 28mm would do the trick, but for the price difference, I'd probably go with the Canon and spend an extra $20 or so. But thanks for your offer.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    A couple of good options. First the old Olympus Stylus with the fixed 35mm lens is a good option. Quite sharp.
    To go not quite so wide, the Canon G-III QL17 is both fast and a just a little wide.
    Of course neither is 28 but they are also good pieces of hardware. Very compact for travel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    still lookin for one more good setup. I found an old F-1 lens so maybe an fd 28mm lens?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

28mm lens and camera - open to many options

Get insurance and take your Leica. :-)
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    I have a Spotmatic and a clean SMC Takumar 28/3.5 that I could let go for $100 shipped. Meter works, film tested. It might be too nice of condition for your purposes though, to be honest.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    how's 'bout a new style Canon 28/2.8 in great shape @ $50.00 + shipping?
    Has both caps. No scratches/marks/fungus. Focus smooth etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1415.JPG  
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin