Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,564   Posts: 1,545,306   Online: 812

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lens & shutter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Lens & shutter

Just purchased a Calumet CC400. I have been in 35/120 film for the past 30ish years so my standards are well versed. Solid camera but what I am lacking is a lens & shutter. Looking for a low-moderately priced lens that will work on it. I have the lens board. Not looking for "amazingly good" and expensive lens. Just one to get started with that will produce acceptable results. Shipping will be to Western Canada as the shipping will be the deciding factor. Let me know what you have for spares.
    Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 01-16-2014 at 12:18 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: additional info

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No spare, but if you have a lensboard you should know the size of the hole because that will dictate the shutter you will need to accomodate.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    What focal length are you looking for? Are you shooting color or B&W? What's your budget? I (and I'm sure many here) have a collection of lenses surplus to my needs from old B&L RRs in kodak ball bearing shutters to the press camera standard 127 Ektar and 135 Optar, to modern plasmats. With a little care, you'd be amazed at the quality of the image from a $20 RR. If you don't need a lot of movements, both the Ektar and Optar are fine coated lenses in the $50-75 range.

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Shooting b&w film. Testing with Ultrafine 100. Budget for lens would be as you say $100 ish range. Anywhere from a 135-180mm even if I am incredibly lucky a 210. The shipping will be the deciding factor.

Measurements on lens board 1.5" or 39 mm. also needing some film holders. (Lisco Regal II) The one he "gave" me has a damaged dark slide.
    Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 01-16-2014 at 12:32 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: additions

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 210 will probably be your best bet, so many of them made they are cheaper than others, IMHO. True the opening size on the lens board dictates what lens/shutter, so check first.

You may want to play with the idea of black tape and a copper or foil sheet and make a pin hole in it and then tape it to the center of your lensboard. Pinhole photography might be a fun cheap start, till you achieve your lens. Read up first.
    You may also want to cut down printing paper and do paper negs too, to hold down your film expenses until you have a real lens while shooting pinhole... long exposures !!!!! Again, Read Up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dan (fotoguy20D) has a bargain priced 210mm Caltar S-II for sale it's actually a re-badged Symmar S and a superb lens.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Copal hole sizes are approx 35mm for #0 and 42mm for #1. Your 39mm is sort of inbetween. Most modern 210mm lenses come in a #1 shutter but you could easily open up your hole to 42mm with a file.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The 39 is probably for a 127mm Ektar in supermatic. I can actually go one better than the Symmar-S I havw listed. I also have an old (1950s)) convertible Symmar in Copal. Its a 210/370. At 210 it gives up little to the S and at 370 Its okay. But It's hard to argue two focal length for the price of one. As for price, $100. I can throw in a couple of DDS and might even have a spare slide for the one you have.

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow, what a deal....
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PM sent to Fotoguy20d

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin