Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,890   Online: 1185

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

WTB nikon F3 standard back, super cheap or free!

Just bought a seriously beaten up Nikon F3, that needs TLC. I am kind of adopting it, but I nwant a non motorized style regular back. This one has a block of (whatever) hanging off and I doubt I will ever use the motorized back as it is not my style (too heavy)

If you have an extra you can let go of for shipping, or very cheap, I would much appreciate it.

I would also love a Waste level finder, but they are kinda rare and I never see them in my budget.
    Anyone with a broken HP finder that I could use for parts? This one has no threads left.

Thanks
    Last edited by trythis; 01-28-2014 at 12:42 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "If its not broken, I can't afford it."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like you may have bought a P version... Does it say P after the serial on the back?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by illumiquest View Post
    Sounds like you may have bought a P version... Does it say P after the serial on the back?
    I dont have it yet, you can see it in the classifieds, its a real beater, or patina'd as I like to call it.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/...-f3hp-fe2.html

It looks like someone popped a different back on it a long time ago.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a working body, and non-operational one I bought for spares a few months ago. I still need to take them to the technician to make one good body out of both (the AE lock button has fallen out of the working one, for instance). There is a good chance that I might have a spare back in a few months' time for you. So if you don't get help before say March, remind me again and I will see whether I could send it to you. It might cost you a counter-trade, though.

Shooter
    35mm
    Cool, maybe you'll have some extra bits from your broken unit too. Mine needs a few innards for the film counter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not a beater or a door only but I have a nice F3HP with lens (28-70 tokina ATX) for anyone looking for one of these. I am just not a nikon 35mm kinda guy...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Definitely not a P. Hope you didn't pay too much for that, it looks like it fell off a building into a wood chipper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The back you have stops the rewind with the leader out, the block hanging out the back is a switch and contacts to the motor drive. There was also a program back that could imprint date info on the image, and I'm not sure what else.
    Without the motor, then yes, the contact block would be a little vulnerable.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by illumiquest View Post
    Definitely not a P. Hope you didn't pay too much for that, it looks like it fell off a building into a wood chipper.
    Ha!
    I paid less than any F3hp has sold on the ebay as far as I can tell. I am pretty sure that I can get my money back out of it if I decide to sell just by parting it out. My aim is to shoot with it, and I love that I cant possibly feel bad about scratching it!

It looks like the tab that is hanging could be removed and the screw holes taped over, but I thats just from looking at photos.

Shooter
    35mm
    I removed the outer portion, it works, but it requires leaving electrical tape on the outside.

Anyway, Bump!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin