Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,426   Online: 930
      
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    6,996
    Images
    222

    WTB: 8x10 or 11x14 film holder (and possibly 14x17 and 20x24 too)

    So the MSA this month is "super cheap cameras and film" so one of the things I did was snag some x-ray film from eBay 8x10, 11x14, 14x17 and 24x30(to cut down to 20x24 of course). It was so cheap I had to grab one of each.

    Anyway for the Monthly Shooting Assignment I'm just going to mount a lens I already own in a cardboard box, but I would prefer to have a real holder to insert in it because otherwise I can only change the film once PER DAY and will lock up my lens in the meantime as I don't have a darkroom and can only remove the sheet of film at night time. So having a holder would help.

    Eventually I do plan to get an actual camera in larger formats.

    The point of this post? I'm looking for a cheap holder, I don't care if it's crappy or not, has light leaks, etc, so long as it holds any of those sizes (preferably 8x10 or 11x14 since 1 that's probably all I can afford for "cheap" LF/ULF and 2 the lenses I have won't cover any bigger.

    Anyway of course I'm open to a holder that is in good condition, but it has to be CHEAP so I figure crappy ones are all that I can look forward to.

    Thanks guys!

    ~Stone
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    2,373
    40 Hail Mary's

  3. #3
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    6,996
    Images
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    40 Hail Mary's
    I know right! Haha but there's got to be some rotted out old wooden one with a bent dark slide and a missing trap felt that no one wants to repair that I could snag... I hope...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    2,373
    Id look for a big changing bag mine would be tight for a 8x10 but it is only medium sized?

    It is plenty big enough for 1000 foot cine cans and bulk loaders you can lose things in it real easy...

    But you will need 5222 in larger sizes now.

    IF I went large Id staple gun Velcro to window surround and hardboard sheet blanket hung over door...

  5. #5
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    6,996
    Images
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    Id look for a big changing bag mine would be tight for a 8x10 but it is only medium sized?

    It is plenty big enough for 1000 foot cine cans and bulk loaders you can lose things in it real easy...

    But you will need 5222 in larger sizes now.

    IF I went large Id staple gun Velcro to window surround and hardboard sheet blanket hung over door...
    I have a nice Harrison changing bag, I could fit a 20x24 dark slide inside it I think, and still have enough room (barely) to change the film out. (With the box of film ON TOP of the dark slide hah! But that's to give you an idea, not worried about the size of the tent for that, but it won't fit a whole cardboard camera inside....
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    2,373
    sorry my cbag would be big enough for a 8x10 field camera to fit into opened up (but not at triple extension. ) You can get larger sizes.

  7. #7
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    6,996
    Images
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    sorry my cbag would be big enough for a 8x10 field camera to fit into opened up (but not at triple extension. ) You can get larger sizes.
    Lol, let's work on the holder for now...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    1,006
    Images
    3
    How does $10 a 8x10 holder grab you (plus shipping - padded mailer should be cheap). I have a stack of dirty, disgusting and grungy ones. Lots of dust, some rust, sticking slides,worn tape, etc. I was going to dump them as a lot on eBay but I could pick out the best of the pile for you. I can post a photo or two tonight.

    Dan

  9. #9
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    6,996
    Images
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotoguy20d View Post
    How does $10 a 8x10 holder grab you (plus shipping - padded mailer should be cheap). I have a stack of dirty, disgusting and grungy ones. Lots of dust, some rust, sticking slides,worn tape, etc. I was going to dump them as a lot on eBay but I could pick out the best of the pile for you. I can post a photo or two tonight.

    Dan
    Ok sounds good, I only need 1, maybe 2.

    Thanks.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin