Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,062   Online: 1092

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

WTB - Toyo 110mm Copal 1 board

I'm looking for a Toyo metal board (110mm size for a 45CF), with a Copal#1 (42mm) hole. Payment by Paypal.

Thanks,
    Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I might have one at home, came on a lens and didn't need the board.
    Does it look like this one?.
    I'm pretty sure that's what I've got, just gotta measure the hole size in 5 hours when I get home.
    Shipping aus->us is $15 (I'll presume it's less than 500g). How about $30 all up? (presuming it's the right one)
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    I might have one at home, came on a lens and didn't need the board.
    Does it look like this one?.
    I'm pretty sure that's what I've got, just gotta measure the hole size in 5 hours when I get home.
    Shipping aus->us is $15 (I'll presume it's less than 500g). How about $30 all up? (presuming it's the right one)
    I thought Australian shipping was insane? How can it only be $15? I'm not doubting your honesty (he's a good guy OP) just curious. And yes that's the 110mm board.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I thought Australian shipping was insane? How can it only be $15? I'm not doubting your honesty (he's a good guy OP) just curious. And yes that's the 110mm board.
    The auspost website is hard to navigate (i prefer to just walk into a shop and buy one, but they shut the shop near my work), but I found the calculator that gives a 500g airmail padded envelope as $14.10 (which is actually only US$12.40, dollar must have dropped again).
    It's the US post that's expensive, I rarely get anything bigger than a CD for less than $30US, minimum anything from adorama/B+H is about $60 so I make it worth my while and buy lots at a time.

Meanwhile, back to the board, I measured mine and it's a #0 size, so no good for you anyway (unless you've got a big metal drill bit).
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    The auspost website is hard to navigate (i prefer to just walk into a shop and buy one, but they shut the shop near my work), but I found the calculator that gives a 500g airmail padded envelope as $14.10 (which is actually only US$12.40, dollar must have dropped again).
    It's the US post that's expensive, I rarely get anything bigger than a CD for less than $30US, minimum anything from adorama/B+H is about $60 so I make it worth my while and buy lots at a time.

Meanwhile, back to the board, I measured mine and it's a #0 size, so no good for you anyway (unless you've got a big metal drill bit).
    Thanks! Hope I can visit there someday with lots of Velvia50 in 4x5 and have a time of it all in the outback! If I could make dreams reality this would be one of my biggest
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Found one over on LFPF.

USPS used to have pretty reasonable rates compared to Australia, but raised them substantially in the past year or so. The flat rate envelope to my son in Melbourne went from $12.95 to $23.95, I think it is now. The priority package rates also went up by a huge amount.

Most people probably don't think about it, but the country's postal service where the package is mailed gets to keep all the money you pay, so I'm sure this was an attempt for USPS to help dig itself out of billions of dollars in annual losses.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin