Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,754   Online: 985

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    Hey Lee, I've got a nice Omega 4x5 with color head (that I calibrated for B&W) and the chromegatrol controller. Nice thing is it's 4x5, which you're going to want at some point, and the parts and carriers are dirt cheap for it.
    Hey Jeff,
    Great to hear from you. Hope you and the misses are well.

I wonder if this Omega is too big for the room. Certainly would love to do 4x5. Presently when I do print I go down to the local arts center to rent the darkroom. They did not get their levy passed again this go arround so the darkroom is closed. So I am looking at trying to go internal for at least the 6x6 and down.

Will break out the tape measure and take somc cell phone pics of the room and get an idea what would fit. Mean time, measure the foot print on your Omega including how tall it is, I just bet it may be too big. But interested !!!
    Lee

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I wish had to today. I working in the garage on a gunsmith bench. I can only burn the midnight oil

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    That is so cool. Wish I had a closet in the bathroom that I could do that with.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0180.JPG  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hey Jeff,
    Great to hear from you. Hope you and the misses are well.

I wonder if this Omega is too big for the room. Certainly would love to do 4x5. Presently when I do print I go down to the local arts center to rent the darkroom. They did not get their levy passed again this go arround so the darkroom is closed. So I am looking at trying to go internal for at least the 6x6 and down.

Will break out the tape measure and take somc cell phone pics of the room and get an idea what would fit. Mean time, measure the foot print on your Omega including how tall it is, I just bet it may be too big. But interested !!!
    Lee
    Hey Lee,

If I were you I would mount the enlarger onto a cart that you can wheel in and out of the bathroom. That would work well, and you could very easily do this with a 4x5 enlarger. The base of the unit isn't more than 6" across. I wouldn't try this with a Beseler as they are quite a bit larger at the base.

Honestly, other than the column being taller, the Omega 4x5 isn't really that much larger than their medium format enlargers. And obviously a lot more capable.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jeff, The cart idea is very cool.
    Just offered a guy here in Dayton on Craigs list pennies on the dollar for a vivitar enlarger that will do both 35 and 6x6. Not ideal but very cheap and small. I bet I get laughed at, I offered less than half of what he wanted.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just offered a guy here in Dayton on Craigs list pennies on the dollar for a vivitar enlarger that will do both 35 and 6x6. Not ideal but very cheap and small. I bet I get laughed at, I offered less than half of what he wanted.
    Hope it works out! Make sure it has all the accessories you want - might be hard to find them second hand.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Sounds good to me.
    Watch your size as you working with a small room. Try this 25 years ago and found the cart I use was to big to fit in the bathroom.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    Hey Lee,

If I were you I would mount the enlarger onto a cart that you can wheel in and out of the bathroom. That would work well, and you could very easily do this with a 4x5 enlarger. The base of the unit isn't more than 6" across. I wouldn't try this with a Beseler as they are quite a bit larger at the base.

Honestly, other than the column being taller, the Omega 4x5 isn't really that much larger than their medium format enlargers. And obviously a lot more capable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bet yours is the only offer he gets. But +1 on the point of making sure it has all the accessories you need.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you wait til spring thats when lots of this stuff gets unloaded. Spring cleaning and all. No one bothers with moving things in the winter.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a little omega dichroic enlarger I need to give away. Comes with the power supply, 50mm lens (I might have an 80mm too), an extra bulb, 35mm and 6x6 carriers. It's quite small and not too heavy, shouldn't be hard to ship. Yours for shipping costs. I'll take some pictures of it tonight.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey Daleeman, A friend moved out of his big house to a small apartment and switched to (gag) digital. I've been looking for a new owner for all the stuff he gave me, here goes !!
    An Omega Super Chromega C dichroic enlarger w/ voltage stabilized power source A gralab 500
    timer with foot switch and a Unicolor-Mornick Model 1 analyzer. Also i have a rodenstock omegar 50mm f4.5, a rod. rodagon 80mm f5.6, and a Vivitar 50mm f3.5 enl. lens. I also have a couple of
    extra enlarger lights. What i don't have is a 6x6 neg. carrier and only i lensboard
    All you have to do is drive to my house in Eastlake,Ohio(east of Cleveland) when the snow is gone
    and pick it up no charge, and by the way, everything works. All it will cost is gas and some time.
    Let me know if you want the equipment, it's not going anywhere! My cell is 4404781787.
    johnpohl19 I have4x5 and 5x7 enlargers so i'm all set for what i'm doing.
    Last edited by johnpohl19; 02-05-2014 at 01:00 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: mispelled word

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin