Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,153   Online: 881

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTB enlarger for 35mm and 6x6

Looking for an enlarger for B&W to set an take down in the spare bathroom,
    Need neg carriers ,for 6x6 and 35. I believe I still have a 50mm enlarger lens and I have used ny fathers 90mm leica lense from the IIIF before, so I guess that works.
    Pick up would be good if we are close.

I am in Dayton, Ohio

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    try craigslist I found mine for free just pickup
    if you can wait I have a lot under $80.00
    try this one http://fresno.craigslist.org/pho/4276640719.html

Dave

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I am in Columbus and have an Omef 4x5 outfit cheap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A durst 606 (I think it was) with a glass negative carrier is ideal for both formats and anything odd, like all that old 127 you have sitting around.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CollinB View Post
    I am in Columbus and have an Omef 4x5 outfit cheap.
    Collin,
    Love to have a 4x5 set up but I am concerned about space. Trying to set up and tear down inside the bathroom poses some unique issues. Not that some of the great masters of years before did not conquer. So maybe I should not be so skidish.

PM me more information

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A Durst M605 is a very nice enlarger for what you want to do. It will fit in almost anywhere, and the weight is not excessive either, which makes it feasible to move around between working station and storage. Unfortunately I can't help with an enlarger (being on a different continent and all), but there should be one that pops up some time or other in your vicinity.

I suggest getting a 60-75 mm lens or thereabouts, otherwise you may find you run out of column height for bigger enlargements from 120 film. My lens for 6x4.5 is a Rodagon 60, which works very nicely. I use a Nikkor 50/2.8 for 35 mm film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Dursts are a great choice in terms of compactness, but not quite so common in the US. So if you go with a Durst, make sure it has the negative carriers and lensboards you will need for both formats. Something like the M600, with 2 lensboards and both negative carriers, might be your best option.

An Omega B22 (especially the non-XL version) is another good choice, and common here, but not as compact as the Durst models. The ubiquitous Beseler 23c is getting too big, in my opinion, for frequent set up and tear down.

If you limit yourself to 35mm only, then there are more choices.

I have an Omega B22 (though mine is the XL), but shipping is prohibitive. Time for you to take a road trip to Minnesota.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Here is a photo I found on the internet it looks like what started with back 1964 it too was in the bathroom

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    Collin,
    Love to have a 4x5 set up but I am concerned about space. Trying to set up and tear down inside the bathroom poses some unique issues. Not that some of the great masters of years before did not conquer. So maybe I should not be so skidish.

PM me more information

Lee
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OldDarkroom.gif  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hey Lee, I've got a nice Omega 4x5 with color head (that I calibrated for B&W) and the chromegatrol controller. Nice thing is it's 4x5, which you're going to want at some point, and the parts and carriers are dirt cheap for it.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smithdoor View Post
    Here is a photo I found on the internet it looks like what started with back 1964 it too was in the bathroom

Dave
    That is so cool. Wish I had a closet in the bathroom that I could do that with.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin