Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,321   Online: 922

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

WTB: NEW, or GOOD AS NEW, MODERN film holders size 6½" x 8½"

What have you?

RR

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Good freakin' luck. I've got a bakers dozen vintage whole plate film holders, and all of them need some degree or other of overhaul. And I feel extremely lucky to have those.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    They're not that hard to find. I have a bunch of Toyo whole plate holders that are in excellent or better condition.

Check an eBay seller called tokyophoto and if he doesn't have anything listed send him a message. He will sometimes have Toyo or Rittreck holders.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by adelorenzo View Post
    Check an eBay seller called tokyophoto and if he doesn't have anything listed send him a message. He will sometimes have Toyo or Rittreck holders.
    You need to be careful about what camera you're trying to fit. There's no ANSI or other industry standard for WP holders. I've not seen any of the Toyo holders in the flesh, but I've owned Rittreck WP holders. The external dimensions are different compared to vintage American holders or to holders currently manufactured by Chamonix, Lotus or Ebony. Even if you don't mind fudging the T-distance and GG register, they're narrower but longer than the other WP holders, and might not physically fit into some camera backs without surgery on the back or the holders.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    You need to be careful about what camera you're trying to fit. There's no ANSI or other industry standard for WP holders. I've not seen any of the Toyo holders in the flesh, but I've owned Rittreck WP holders. The external dimensions are different compared to vintage American holders or to holders currently manufactured by Chamonix, Lotus or Ebony. Even if you don't mind fudging the T-distance and GG register, they're narrower but longer than the other WP holders, and might not physically fit into some camera backs without surgery on the back or the holders.
    Thank you for the heads up. I need Kodak compatible 6½" x 8½" holders.

RR
    Last edited by Regular Rod; 02-21-2014 at 03:44 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Duplicate
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 02-21-2014 at 03:53 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Duplicate

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm picking up a shelf full of plate/film holders sometime in the next weeks, I've already had the metal plate holders over 150. I'll see what's there.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ta!

RR

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Good point re: compatibility. I use my Toyo holders in a Toyo back so I can't confirm if they would fit anything else.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Kodak Whole plate camera takes standard International sized film/plate holders.

Ian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin