Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,661   Posts: 1,623,882   Online: 874

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Light Tent

Shooter
    Multi Format

WTB: Light Tent

Hello all,

I'm looking for a gently used light tent, suitable for loading 4x5 film holders.

I do live in Canada, and I accept that shipping may be commensurately higher.

Please feel free to contact me if you have something.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Harding View Post
    Hello all,

I'm looking for a gently used light tent, suitable for loading 4x5 film holders.

I do live in Canada, and I accept that shipping may be commensurately higher.

Please feel free to contact me if you have something.
    Don't you mean a changing bag? A light tent is usually used for photographing reflective objects.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Don't you mean a changing bag? A light tent is usually used for photographing reflective objects.
    From my understanding, a light tent is a changing bag with poles, making it into a light-tight tent, for changing things...

Example: http://www.amazon.ca/Photoflex-Chang.../dp/B0000AE6D3

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Harding View Post
    From my understanding, a light tent is a changing bag with poles, making it into a light-tight tent, for changing things...

Example: http://www.amazon.ca/Photoflex-Chang.../dp/B0000AE6D3
    In England it is not.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    In England it is not.
    Those English have a different word for everything

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Regardless of what we want to call it (and I try not to spell check forum posts), I am looking for:

- A lightproof bag of sorts supported by poles of some sort that would allow me to load 4x5 film holders comfortably.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kevin:

You might find that what you are looking for is called by some a "changing tent". Best of both worlds?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Harrison Film Changing Tent that is perfect for the duty you describe... A bit pricey new but I see them floating around used at pretty reasonable prices these days. Very well made. The arm holes are a bit tight for us Popeye types but certainly seal well.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/172903-REG/Harrison_1000_Pup_Film_Changing_Tent.html
    Craig Schroeder

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is still on Vancouver Craigslist, from a month ago: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...309530285.html
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sorry to not have one for sale, but I'll offer my opinions on the two I own. I have a Harrison and a Photoflex. I like them both. The Photoflex sets up quickly and is overall easier to use. It also doesn't pack well given it collapses down to a flat disk. The Harrison is much better for packing in luggage or backpacking. If I'm traveling by car I like the Photoflex. One other downside to the Photoflex is it doesn't sit perfectly flat. But if you leave your film in the box tops (oriented 90 degrees) it works very well and nothing spills. Also, the harrison leaves a black residue on my arms and is very tight. The Photoflex is more comfortable to use and no residue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin