Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,924   Posts: 1,556,684   Online: 1161

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm starting with the opposite... I have a basic zone system going with FP4, but I'm looking to simplify everything by just throwing all exposures, and maybe even different kinds of film into a 2 bath developer, which should give consistent negatives in terms of contrast with over/under exposure, as well as different speeds.
    New-ish convert to film.
    Pentax MX for 35mm
    Bronica ETRS for 645

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Replenished Xtol keeps waste down to a minimum, about 80-100ml per 120 film (equivalent), and it actually has different tonality than straight Xtol, or dilute. It's as sharp as diluted developer, but has finer grain, at the loss of film speed (which would work great for you with the flat lighting you describe).

Just a thought. I loved running Xtol replenished, and may some day return to it, but am on the D76 band wagon now and need to use it long enough to be proficient with it.
    I'll check that out.

I'm still debating in my mind, as when I first started with film, my father said something along the lines of "Plus-X, Tri-X, and D-76 are all you need" So I have a pretty good working knowledge of D76, though I did jump to FP4+ and HP5+ a while ago. I've used D76 straight all the way to 1:5 (semi-stand for extreme compensation). Every time I've tried another developer, film, or combo, it just isn't quite as nice as FP4+ in D76 1:3, with my fairly rough Zone times. I guess I'm already set in my ways.

Thanks for the tips everyone... looking back at what I've shot on 4x5, it seems like my shots on the same day are similarly exposed, so doing the taco or similar method with 3 sheets in each of my tanks, developing them at the same time, for their respective times should be fine. There shouldn't be harm in letting film sit in rinse after an acid stop waiting for the other tank.

I guess I'll just stick to my ways instead of trying something totally new.
    New-ish convert to film.
    Pentax MX for 35mm
    Bronica ETRS for 645

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin