Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,979   Posts: 1,523,775   Online: 1196

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbiinc View Post
    I think you've missed the point of Kickstarter entirely.
    I don't think I have.

As I've stated before, there are people right now willing to pay $15 per sheet (call it rewards, perks, levels, or whatever you want, bottom line it's still $15 apiece at this point) just to try to get the elephant to stand up and start walking. Once the elephant is running, the price point may drop to $6 (although personally, I think it will be higher).

But these early adopters (backers) realize the crucial fact that there is no way to reach the $6 point on the trail without first passing through the $15 point. And the new product is attractive enough to them in the long run to spend $15 initially right now.

The real problem at the moment is that the elephant looks like he might have sustained an unexpected broken leg, and may never stand up. At least without some serious financial physical therapy...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

—Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I remembering hoarding a few boxes of P55 when i read that Polaroid was going out of business in 2008 - paying €120,- a box of 20 sheets - which equaled to about 8 USD a sheet back then. I am not surpised would costs about double now, imagening all the effort that has to be put into the new project.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin