Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,777   Online: 1011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

WTB: Reasonable LTM 50mm Lens

An impulse buy finds me with a gorgeous Canon IIF body, but no lens. I'd like to pick up one just for a bit of fun in decent shape. Canon manufactured and period correct get brownie points, but not necessary.

Ideally $150 or less, shipping and fees included. May be persuaded to go a bit higher for the right match.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For $150 you can get 5 Industar 50/2.8s, and one of them should be good.

[/sarcasm] I actually love mine, great for the price (although for $150 you can get a Jupiter f/2.0, a beat-up collapsible 'cron, or maybe a canon 50/1.8).
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With a little patience you should be able to pick up a Summitar 50/2. I think mine is not much more than that.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Go for the Canon 50mm f1.8. The silver version may be more in keeping with your camera, but the black barreled one is better. Just as good as a Summicron in my opinion and should be within your budget.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Cheaper to buy lens and camera together the dcamera people have hardened the lens market.

It seem's like yesterday they were 80USD for a pristine black /1.8.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Check fedka.com for Russian optics, lots to choose from.
    Nikon made a lovely LTM 50/f2, but they generally sell for more than 150. For the best "bang for the buck" a Jupiter from circa 1960 is probably your best choice.

Shooter
    35mm
    Perhaps I should clarify: I'm looking to buy a ltm 50mm. I've already checked KEH and my normal sources with no luck. I'd prefer not to go the eBay route, and was hoping that another APUG member would have one they'd like to send off.

And no, I have no desire for a Russian lens, thank you. I'm sure there's many fine examples, but I don't have the patience to sort through them to find one.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    see this site if you are willing to cross pond

http://www.peterloy.com/stock-list.php

Shooter
    35mm
    I agree that the Canon 50mm F1.8 chrome version is a good choice in that price range. Sometimes the later black ones can be found for about $150 in reasonably good shape - it's a slightly improved lens, but both are pretty nice.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I sold a Summarit and 50 Nikkor f2 last month to a member here very cheaply (for his grandfather's screwmount Leica). I see he has them for sale here now as part of an outfit. Prices are much higher, but I would think that your price would be a more than fair offer for the Nikkor. His ad is here:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/...leica-set.html
    Last edited by Mark Crabtree; 04-02-2014 at 12:57 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin