Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,943   Online: 772

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

WTB Bessler 23C III Lens board

I have a bessler 23c and I need a lens board with a smaller lens opening. I have one that fits my 50mm shcneider which I believe has a 39mm jam nut. My new to me Schneider 100mm does not fit at all, the opening is way to big. I'm not exactly sure what size but I'm sure someone here will have an idea! Let me know what you got.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Thanks to Ian C it looks like I figured out what I need. It's a 39mm to 25 mm adapter such as this one:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ica_Mount.html

or if there is such a thing a lens board with a 25mm mount.

I'll give it the weekend and if I don't hear anything I'll buy one from BH with my film order coming up.

Thanks,

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Note that the lensboards for the 23C variations and the Beseler 45 enlargers are the same 4"x4" boards. Later ones have a plexiglass "lightpipe" to illuminate the lens f-stop setting, early ones do not.

I'm pretty sure they are/were made with a 25mm mount. If looking on ebay, sometimes is cheaper to buy a board with inexpensive lens than just the board.

Enlarging lenses (though I don't know about Schneiders) were also made in a 32mm mount; I assume you've verified that yours are 25 and not 32.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a lens board sopmewhere with no hole, just a center mark. But if you are using a 39 n need to change lenses.. use the adapter!
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Or make one from 1/8" aircraft ply from the local craft/hobby shop.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Found one on ebay! Hopefully it works!

Thanks to everyone for all the help!

John

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Well I did measure it, but I don't have any good calipers and just have some crappy measuring tape, looks like I got it wrong! If anyone has a 32.5 mm lens board or a 32.5 to 39mm adapter it would be great!

Images
    I got an undrilled board, just a pilot hole in the middle, and a board with a 30mm hole, at least that's what it measures with a ruler, can't find by calibers. Both have the plexiglass light pipe.

Brian

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by r-brian View Post
    I got an undrilled board, just a pilot hole in the middle, and a board with a 30mm hole, at least that's what it measures with a ruler, can't find by calibers. Both have the plexiglass light pipe.

Brian
    I guess i could achieve the same result by just drilling out the one I have slightly, though I'd need a pretty bug bit!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mexipike View Post
    I guess i could achieve the same result by just drilling out the one I have slightly, though I'd need a pretty bug bit!
    Drilling a larger hole is difficult without special tools as you don't have the ability to utilize a pilot bit. It might be more feasible to file it out.

But unless your lens or r-brian's board is non-standard (i.e. 30 and not 32) they probably match.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin