Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,254   Posts: 1,680,477   Online: 688

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

Developing tanks

I need some developing tanks of good quality. Nearly all of mine leak at the lid. I'm about go on a trip and return from a trip with lots of film so larger tanks are my first priority. I use stainless steel reels. Looking for a good four roll tank. Maybe bigger? Some two rolls if you have any and possibly a couple 120 reels.

Let me know what you have.

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you ever used Paterson tanks?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nsurit View Post
    Have you ever used Paterson tanks?
    I'm not a huge fan of plastic tanks. I find it much easier to load my Hewes ss reels.

Shooter
    35mm
    It depends on what leakage you are prepared to put up with. The only tank I have found that is genuinely leak-proof is the Durst. The drawback is that, as I understand it, they only made a 120 and 135 tank and each only takes one film at a time. I don't think Durst made multiple film tanks like Paterson and Jobo

If I may ask, what's the problem with very small leaks and by that I mean leaks that after the normal development time and n inversion agitation have not resulted in the critical loss of developer to the extent that the top of the film is exposed without total coverage by developer.

A few extra cc's of developer and fixer at the start will ensure that the film is always covered.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a SS tank or two. Let me look in the basement, and I'll PM you.
    It takes a big dog to weigh a ton.

I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mfohl View Post
    I have a SS tank or two. Let me look in the basement, and I'll PM you.
    Thanks

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    It depends on what leakage you are prepared to put up with. The only tank I have found that is genuinely leak-proof is the Durst. The drawback is that, as I understand it, they only made a 120 and 135 tank and each only takes one film at a time. I don't think Durst made multiple film tanks like Paterson and Jobo

If I may ask, what's the problem with very small leaks and by that I mean leaks that after the normal development time and n inversion agitation have not resulted in the critical loss of developer to the extent that the top of the film is exposed without total coverage by developer.

A few extra cc's of developer and fixer at the start will ensure that the film is always covered.

pentaxuser
    I really don't mind a little leakage but my tanks are all mixed up with non matching caps and all seem to leak a lot. One of them is so loose that if you don't hold the lid on it will fall off. I just think it's time for an upgrade.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Do you use plastic/rubber caps or stainless? I use rubber caps and wind electric tape (1 or 2 times) around the opening of the tank. It keeps the lid very snag and I get no leakage.

Shooter
    35mm
    OK and thanks for reply, mexipike.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a few if you still need them. Just let me know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin