Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,280   Online: 957

Thread: WTB Rondinax 60

Shooter
    Medium Format

WTB Rondinax 60

I can't get on with changing bags or tents, someone please help me out and sell me a Rondinax 60 to develop my MF films in.

Hopefully yours...

Eric

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You don't need a changing bag. Depending how your house is built it may sufficient to close blinds and shut off the light. (I even did bulk loading without a loader or a darkroom.)

Keep in mind that the rubber parts of a Rondinax are likely to be decayed.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Decay - Highly Unlikely

Most Rondinax 60 tanks that appear on eBay do not have faults. The old rubber straps are only very rarely decayed and even if they are the tanks is perfectly usuable provided that the inner fabric is intact. Just ask the seller to show photographs and make sure all the bakelite (later plastic) parts are present and not broken. The rubber washers have often solidified but the leaks are so small they can be ignored. Replacement washers can easily be fashioned from plumbing washers.
    Tips on buying Rondinax tanks at:
    http://rondinax.wordpress.com/buying-tips/
    Prices of intact Rondinax 60s though are probably at record levels at the moment and there are few bargains to be had.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My house leaks light, with a skylight in most rooms. I have noticed that Rondinax 60s are fetching good money but I am prepared to pay market rates. It is just finding one here in Australia or from a seller that is willing to ship here that is difficult.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Will nobody sell me such a tank?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If I could find it, and it was complete I would. I'll have another look round I'm sure I had one somewhere.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin