Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,301   Posts: 1,681,521   Online: 690

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

WTB: Chamonix 8x10 and Accessories

Tax return will come soon.

I have been thinking of buying a brand new Chamonix810 and having custom staining etc, however that's an expensive job and would leave little cash left for accessories (and film!).

So I wanted to throw it out there. This is what I'm looking for.

-Chamonix 8x10 (new version with fixes/updates, see here... http://www.chamonixviewcamera.com/810.html )
    -4x5 Reducing Back
    -(possibly)5x7 Reducing Back
    -6+ 8x10 holders
    -half frame dark slide
    -linhof style CF boards for copal 0 and Copal 1
    -Chamonix to linhof style front board adapter
    -extension board

Many of these extras I could get directly from Chamonix but again just seeing what is out there.

Also there is an ebony brand hood attachment for a cold shoe that protects the bellows from inclement weather (snow/rain) that I'm wondering would fit the 8x10?

I know the chances of someone giving this up are low, it's worth asking, I will have the money in about a month.

Preferably CONUS

~Stone
    Last edited by StoneNYC; 06-03-2014 at 07:14 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Bump

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Bump

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a 5x7 to 8x10 reducing back (never used...).
    Philippe Grunchec

"The fundamental problem any artist faces in regard to craft is that it must be largely ignored" Richard Benson.

http://philippe.grunchec-photographe.over-blog.com/

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I shoot a Phillips myself, but I've seen that Chamonix up close and it's a very nice camera with certain similar features. I rigged up a little flip
    down shade for casual use. But if I need a more serious shade, use a Lee collapsible compendium which attaches with a special filter thread. Ebony offers a little gooseneck arm with a clip for the darkslide. Of course, I'd use it with an old darkslide or whatever, not the one from the filmholder in use, cause it's kinda difficult to properly adjust the shade without looking thru the corners of the groundglass first. Guess you haven't gotten a beard and Cowboy hat shade yet, Stone. Me neither.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    I shoot a Phillips myself, but I've seen that Chamonix up close and it's a very nice camera with certain similar features. I rigged up a little flip
    down shade for casual use. But if I need a more serious shade, use a Lee collapsible compendium which attaches with a special filter thread. Ebony offers a little gooseneck arm with a clip for the darkslide. Of course, I'd use it with an old darkslide or whatever, not the one from the filmholder in use, cause it's kinda difficult to properly adjust the shade without looking thru the corners of the groundglass first. Guess you haven't gotten a beard and Cowboy hat shade yet, Stone. Me neither.
    Nope not the fashion in CT

What I want is that ebony rain cover that attaches to the cold shoe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I prefer a cricket hat...

Tom

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    There's a spot in my coffin for mine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eclarke View Post
    There's a spot in my coffin for mine.
    Actually, a coffin would make a nice 24x76" panoramic camera...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin