Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,489   Posts: 1,542,926   Online: 876

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Found my 5x7 film holders here, bought a whole bunch of them, like 10 or 15 or something ridiculous. Was a great transaction.
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B&L 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    4x5 Graphic View, made in USA! New project
    RB67 Pro S /50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    Random 35mm stuff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
    And why do you think that is?
    But the obvious question that goes begging, why do you think that is?

In my experience he's actually a pretty pleasant fellow.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I wasn't referring to you specifically...
    sorry you feel picked on ..
    good luck with your purchase/s
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    But the obvious question that goes begging, why do you think that is?

In my experience he's actually a pretty pleasant fellow.

Ken
    If I felt I was being "picked on", I would try to ascertain why.

Then I would sort it out one way on another.
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
    If I felt I was being "picked on", I would try to ascertain why.

Then I would sort it out one way on another.
    Pretty sure it's because I actually go out and take photos where many are just armchair shooters... So when I post actual results showing proof that I've done what I'm talking about, they get all puffy because they can't show proof themselves and start spouting curve graphs and lens stats and tell me it's just that I have a scanner and don't print

It's ok, the proof is in the pudding. I only actually get upset when I'm asking a question and I either get "you can't do that" or "I don't want you to do that, I want you to do what I do" instead of answering the question because they don't want to simply admit they don't have the answer...

I'm totally ok admitting I don't know SHIT about photography compared to some, but I have a lot of real world experience trying... And each failure (and there are a lot, is another lesson learned.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pretty sure it's because ....
    That must be it.
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Pretty sure it's because I actually go out and take photos where many are just armchair shooters... So when I post actual results showing proof that I've done what I'm talking about, they get all puffy because they can't show proof themselves and start spouting curve graphs and lens stats and tell me it's just that I have a scanner and don't print

It's ok, the proof is in the pudding. I only actually get upset when I'm asking a question and I either get "you can't do that" or "I don't want you to do that, I want you to do what I do" instead of answering the question because they don't want to simply admit they don't have the answer...

I'm totally ok admitting I don't know SHIT about photography compared to some, but I have a lot of real world experience trying... And each failure (and there are a lot, is another lesson learned.
    "armchair shooter" told you you can not do things and should not do things and spouted off
    graphs and charts and lens data criticized because you scan and don't print and picked on you in this thread ?

weird ... maybe it's the vietnamese food i had for dinner last night that is affecting my reading ability ...

(added later )
    just ate some more asian food, i still don't see the remarks you are referring to ..
    Last edited by jnanian; 07-10-2014 at 01:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin