Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,910   Posts: 1,556,191   Online: 1035

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTB: F-Stop timer

Just giving it a try...

I am looking for an F-Stop timer for my enlarger - either by RH-Designs or other manufacturers. Anyone having a spare one?

If not, I would also consider a simple-ish digital timer, let me know if you have anything.

Thanks!
    | website | ipernity thing |

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I think it is going to be difficult to find someone willing to part with their F-Stop timer by RH Designs (StopClock). I highly recommend these units. I have two (2) myself and would not part with either.

I have a Kearsarge digital timer I could sell you. PM me if you are interested.
    Jack Rosa

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The Darkroom Automation unit is really terrific as well. Beautifully simple and elegant in its use and operation kind of like the iPhone.
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am well aware this is a long shot so to say, but still.. Someone may be upgrading to a newer model or simply abandoning darkroom...
    I understand these things are worth their price but somehow it seems weird to pay more for the timer than for the whole enlarger...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by andreios View Post
    ... somehow it seems weird to pay more for the timer than for the whole enlarger...
    You haven't bought a 4 blade easel yet, have you?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    You haven't bought a 4 blade easel yet, have you?
    I have not long ago and it wasn't that bad.. but I was content with 30x40cm.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have never seen anyone give away for free a RH Designs, Heiland or Darkroom Automation fstop timer. Even if there were giving up darkroom work why would anyone just give away such a saleable item that might have cost him 200GBP even a few years ago.

Occasionally a second-hand one will come up on e-bay. If you have studied what the RH stuff will do for you and I suspect you have and if you are into darkroom printing for the long term and from what I have seen I suspect you are then sadly you may have to "bite the bullet" as they say and spend the money for a new one.

Over the course of several years the cost per print of using one will not be that much and if at any stage you decide you can do without one then selling second-hand will lose you only a little.

Having said all that, you might be lucky and find someone willing to give one away so I wish you the best of luck.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, pentaxuser. I may not have made myself clear - I am not looking to receive one for free, of course, I was just thinking that maybe there was someone, say, upgrading from a basic stopclock to Heiland systems or whatever - and I could save a few pennies...

If I do jot have such luck, I think I will "bite the bullet" and purchase a new unit, since as you say, printing IS really important to me - and I do enjoy it maybe even more than actual "shooting"...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Andreios ~ my vote is for the StopClock (RH Designs)
    Jack Rosa

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If you don't find one for sale and can solder, check out the link in my signature or this thread. If you're totally desperate I could build the electronic guts of one for you but you'd need to make/buy the mechanical case elsewhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin