Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,626   Online: 722

Shooter
    Multi Format

WTB: Mamiya 6 with 75mm

I am kinda feeling like trying out this camera for super lightweight work. So I am looking for a fairly clean but perfectly working Mamiya 6 with at least the standard 75mm 3.5 lens, the other two would be nice but I can get those later if I end up loving the system. PM me if you have one for sale.
    Last edited by PKM-25; 07-11-2014 at 07:13 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I wouldn't give up mine for anything. I think you'll love it when you get one! I sold my Hasselblad setup and used the money to get the Mamiya 6 and all three lenses almost two years ago. Wish I'd never bought the Hasselblad, and had just got the Mamiya first.

I had the 50, 80, and 150mm lenses for the Hassy, same focal lengths as the Mamiya 6 lenses, and the whole kit took a big bag and weighed so much it made my back hurt and my legs go numb from the weight. Part of that is my generally poor health, but even a healthy, strong guy would tire of carrying all that. I can carry my Mamiya 6, all three lenses, a spotmeter, cable release, level, and a couple of Japan Camera Hunter 120 film cases in a small messenger bag-style case all day and it doesn't hurt or cause me any health issues.

Light and small, and the image quality is magnificent! I have not touched my Leicas or any other 35mm camera since buying the Mamiya 6, since I can handhold it down to 1/15 with the 50 or 75mm lenses. The 150 is kind of a pain to use because the framelines are so small; think 135mm frames in a Leica. I rarely use that lens, so its not a big deal to me. The 50 and 75 are great.
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Chris, looking forward to trying one out although it won't be replacing my Hasselblad system by any stretch. What is a reasonable price for a decent kit?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A body and 75mm lens usually goes for about $1100. The 150mm lens is usually pretty cheap, around $300. The 50mm lens is more expensive, about $600-$700. I have about $2200 in mine, for the body, all three lenses, and the lens hoods for all three lenses.
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Chris, I found a good clean user 6 with the 75mm for a grand, gets here tomorrow, I'm sure I will love it. As for the other lenses, I will have to decide on those later, might just stick to the 75 since I have a huge Hasselblad system...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin