Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,231   Online: 812

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

WTB : Technicolor Movie Print Cut dated from 60s-70s

I am looking for Technicolor Movie Print Cut from 1960 or 70s. I will order an analysis and put the findings in articles for cmy dyes and the mordant.I dont want any fade or discoloration and if you know a good source - I have not finance to buy whole print - , please share.

Mustafa Umut Sarac
    Istanbul
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 07-30-2014 at 11:42 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Can you please ask easier questions ? One Apug members request .

Shooter
    35mm
    Are you just looking for a few frames of a 35mm release print? Will some frames from a 16mm do?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hello , few frames or few meters , anything goes. If raman spectrometer could analysis 3 layers together and separate each , may be one frame is ok , but if the film chemicals would be needed to be dissolved in a chemical and processing goes from there , I think I would be needed few meters.

What is your opinion and what can we do with a deal Falotico ?

Thank you ,

Umut

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Same post , sorry
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 07-30-2014 at 02:03 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: same post , sorry

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    There were numerous potential combinations of dyes used. That kind of option was one of its advantages. So if you analyze a particular sample,
    it doesn't necessarily represent the bigger picture. And correctly analyzing something might be a bit tricky anyway. If it's a print rather than film, there are all kinds of ways they could have done it. Not all labs were the same. You can easily buy old dye transfer release prints,
    especially from animated Disney productions.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Drew ,

I think I will try to believe my eyes , if the print is good , no more questions been asked.
    John promised me to help in few weeks but it is still not clear.
    If anyone knows an collector , please share with me.

Thank you,

Umut

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin