Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,706   Posts: 1,548,494   Online: 1021

Thread: Developing kit

Shooter
    35mm RF

Developing kit

Looking for a developing kit to develop black and white 35/120 film.
    Jaz1943@gmail.com

Sent from my TOSHIBA ENCORE 2 WT10-A using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kit? All you need is either a Paterson style or stainless steel tank with two 35mm reels plus a single 120 reel. The Paterson(or similar plastic) will come with adjustable reels allowing for either format. Then you need developer, stop bath and fixer, plus a rinse aid such as Edwal LFN(my favorite)or PhotoFlo. Next, you need some place light tight to load film onto the reels and seal in the tank, either a room or a changing bag, I recommend a small room, changing bags really suck. You will then be able to work in open light to process the film.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I made this list for newbies

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/wl/771A833B26
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Stone, I like how you have a list to show people what they need (and how they don't need much).
    I think you should add reels to the list, though - the tank shown does not come with any.
    Truzi

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Truzi View Post
    Stone, I like how you have a list to show people what they need (and how they don't need much).
    I think you should add reels to the list, though - the tank shown does not come with any.
    Eep!!! Haha no? I'll have to update it later, yes get a tank with reels!

Or buy some of mine, I have a gazillion I don't want!!!
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So, my question to the OP, what specifically do you want or need? If you are leaving it up to us to tell you what you should have will leave you open to getting loaded down with every little bit and bob of utter nonsense that we can unload on you.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Sorry all. I have developed bw film before and gad all the necessary equipment and chemicals. I had to get rid of all that when our grandchildren were born because my wife, God bless her, didn't want those chemicals around the house. Rather Ronan buy piecemeal I am looking for a "kit" similar to what bhphotovideo has that includes tongs, tank, reels for both 35 and 120, temp gauge, three bottles and hanging clips. Hope this clears things up.

Sent from my TOSHIBA ENCORE 2 WT10-A using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Freestyle photo in Cal sells similar kit, just order one.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin