Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,218   Posts: 1,659,536   Online: 703

Shooter
    Large Format

WTB: Beseler 45V-XL chassis in SF Bay Area

I'm looking for a 45V-XL chassis in the Bay Area that someone wants to part with. I've got the 810 conversion head on a 45MXT but for some reason the head hits the top bar and so it can't travel all the way up. It's pretty flimsy compared to my 4x5 Durst so I thought I'd see if I could wall mount the 45V-XL and solve my problem that way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Hi, I believe for the MXT there is a spacer kit. Perhaps you can just get some longer bolts and washers. If you need the manual let me know.

Jon
    Last edited by Jon Shiu; 01-26-2015 at 10:54 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Shiu View Post
    Hi, I believe for the MXT there is a spacer kit. Perhaps you can just get some longer bolts and washers. If you need the manual let me know.

Jon
    You are right on spacers but I've decided to upgrade to V-XL anyway and just found one with a wall mount.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by argusparkengusparker
    I've decided to upgrade to V-XL anyway and just found one with a wall mount.
    I'm curious...what kind of price did you find, and what (if any) accessories are included?

Shooter
    Large Format

WTB: Beseler 45V-XL chassis in SF Bay Area

Quote Originally Posted by wiltw View Post
    I'm curious...what kind of price did you find, and what (if any) accessories are included?
    I ended up buying a chassis with the 8x10 mounting conversion and wall mounting brackets in NYC and shipping it across country - $800 plus $350 shipping. There is a X-VL on CraigsList in Berkeley right now but I wanted the wall mount and the the conversion for my 8x10 Aristo Cold head. This setup is probably the lightest and smallest option for 8x10 enlarging and more robust than the Beseler 45MXT which I am replacing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin