Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,361   Posts: 1,682,777   Online: 1011

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTB: Horseman 4x5 roll film holder for 12 6x6 exposures

I'd like to buy one or two Horseman roll film holders for my Sinar F2 4x5 view camera. I want 12 exposures of 6x6, which I can't seem to find.

Thanks,
    Keith Ostertag
    Keith Ostertag
    keitho at strucktower dot com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    In 10 or 15 years of having a Horseman camera, I've never seen nor heard of a 12 exposure back made by Horseman. If there is such a back, it must be extremely rare.

However, Graflex made a more common 12 exposure back for 4x5 Graflok backs. If you go that route, look for a shell with the chrome pin rollers on each side of the film gate. The pin rollers are about the diameter of the lead in a wood lead pencil. The early ones didn't have them and the early ones don't hold the film as flat. The Graflex backs with lever wind inserts originally came in a shell with pin rollers, but you have to check because over the years, inserts and shells often got switched around. So you could find a lever wind insert in a shell without the pin rollers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you Bob, I didn't know that. I very seldom have ever used roll film backs in the past.

I am not committed to the Horseman brand actually, just thought they were considered dependable. So, if anyone has a good Graflex 6x6 back as Bob describes, or other affordable brand for my Sinar F2, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Keith
    Keith Ostertag
    keitho at strucktower dot com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I believe the Graflex "22" roll film adapter is the one you want, if you want 6x6. And they're all knob-wound.

Duncan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Go to the auction site under camera (rollfilm) backs and look up RH12. You'll see that they are indeed available in lever wind for 4x5 cameras.
    bob.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin