Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,074   Online: 1016

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Inquiring - 6x7 slide projector

Hi all.
    A couple months ago I became the proud owner of a Pentax 67, and now I am coming to the realization that I have rolls of slides that I wish to project. So I want to put out a feeler to APUGers who have or know of a medium format projector. I am not looking for top quality by any means, I just want it to work consistently. Oh, and one last thing, it has to be cheap. REALLY CHEAP. The pentax has left me broke.

My contacts are on my page, but for ease of contact, my email is
    sidearm613@aol.com

muchas gracias,
    David

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I was thinking about this when I first got my RB67. Then I saw a presentation of a 'Magic Slide' show. An old magic slide projector could easily be converted to this task. Probably easier than trying to find a dedicated 6x7 projector (if they ever existed).

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    The Procabin 67 is a solid workhorse of a projector. I got mine by leaving an advanced search on eb*y and waiting for months until one came up that was in good condition for reasonable money (but not, unfortunately, REALLY CHEAP!).

Up to 6x6 you can get cheaply, as they were much more plentiful.

Good luck,

Andrew

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    the use of 6x7 over 6x6 "ups the ante" somewhat regarding projectors......I have nothing for 6x7 but I "had" a nice Rollei for 6x6......I will say a MF transparency projected is very very impressive...I have still a cheap something or other, though not a Rollei, that does an impressive job still and was dirt cheap....like $25

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A 6x7 enlarger that can enlarger horizontally is probably the cheapest possible option. I don't think it would be too bright though unless you retrofitted the light source somehow or got a really fast lens to use as a projection lens.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have just the thing for you. a lantern slide projector made by Linhof. Apo lens. only holds single slide for projection. contact if interested
    Bill

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin