Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,147   Online: 865

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

darkroom sink ventilation hood wanted

I'm looking for a ventilation hood to fit behind a 6' darkroom sink. I'd like to find one in the vicinity of Kalamazoo, Michigan for a local pickup if possible. Or, you could drop it off.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey Smieglitz, howze it going? I don't know if you remember me, but we corresponded many moons ago about teaching photography. I live in South Louisiana and sold you an old 8x10 view camera. Hope you still use it. I have a Calumet 4x5 outfit for sale with all the lenses and a large case. Do you have any idea about who might be interested? The last time I used APUG was 3 years ago. Hope you are getting along well and still teaching school.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How about making one. I have seen several plans on-line although I don't have any links to post right now. I seem to recall one being made out of PVC pipe with a slot or holes and mounted fairly low to collect the fumes rather than higher up where you may still get a whiff.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hi Joe. Of course I remember you. Bromoilist extraordinaire. Hope you are doing well.

I do have a friend looking for a Calumet 4x5 outfit so PM or email me and let me know what you have for sale. I'll pass the info along.

I passed the 8x10 Universal onto a student who later became a photography instructor as well.

Me? I'm still at it teaching wet chemical photography. If you are ever up this way give me a heads up.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have seen the eepjon.com page. It has a lot of good info. Unfortunately, my need for a vent hood has been put on hold until I find a different darkroom space.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Joe

Have you tried use Kitchen equipment stores, they usually have tons of used stainless sinks, trays and large venting systems that go for excellent prices.

I can email you a jpeg of our venting system if you want , it is basically a very large tube running the whole length of the darkroom , in a L shape, the only holes are at the bottom of the tube , and this is then hooked up to a very powerful exhaust fan.
    works well for our enviournment , specifically when I am sepia toning and the whole room smells like the back end of a cow.

I think any competent construction worker could put this together.

Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like a cheap shot at getting an advert here without paying for a subscription to me.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Knowing Joe I doubt it very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    Looks like a cheap shot at getting an advert here without paying for a subscription to me.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    Looks like he's a subscriber, am I missing something?

Roger

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin