Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,137   Online: 981

Shooter
    Multi Format

WTB 9x12cm and 10x15cm

9x12cm and 10x15cm "Ideal" (pop-off type) plate holders required. The Zeiss part number for 9x12cm is 726/7. I don't know the number for the 10x15cm size. Any leads would be appreciated.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Will 9x12 Kodak Recomar style holders fit?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No, I don't think so. As far as I know the Recomar holder has a lip along each long side and slides into position. The "Ideal" holder has a lip along one short side and is "pressed" into position. A great design, in my opinion. It minimizes the possibility of disturbing the camera when inserting or removing the holder.

I don't believe Zeiss made a 10x15 Ideal. They did make an Orix which takes a different holder. The 10x15 Tropica and Favorit take a double sided Juwel style holder

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good question. My 10x15cm was made by ICA, which became part of Zeiss Ikon in 1926. Zeiss continued to produce many models of the previously independent companies but I don't know if the 10x15cm Ideal was among them. At any rate many of those strange xxx/xx part numbers are identical for both companies.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin