Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,661   Posts: 1,481,608   Online: 922

Thread: Mamiya Z-series

Shooter
    35mm

Mamiya Z-series

I'm on the lookout for one of the following last-generation Mamiya 35mm cameras in working order:

Mamiya ZE-2, ZE-X, or ZM

My preference would be the ZM or ZE-X. Not interested in the ZE/ZE Quartz since that model has no shutter speed dial.

Thanks!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    I'm on the lookout for one of the following last-generation Mamiya 35mm cameras in working order:

Mamiya ZE-2, ZE-X, or ZM

My preference would be the ZM or ZE-X. Not interested in the ZE/ZE Quartz since that model has no shutter speed dial.

Thanks!
    Hi - I've had a ZE and a ZE-X, so I wanted to pass along my experiences with them. There are a couple ZE-2's on ebay right now, but, it has been my experience that these cameras are among the worst-built, least reliable pieces of junk to ever come out of Japan. Only Fijica's AX series are worse (or equal). So be sure the thing works 100% before you buy, and don't expect even the working ones to be reliable.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the advice. I'm just looking for a 35mm body to use with my recently-acquired Mamiya 50mm macro lens ($20 in an antique shop, including matching extension tube). Maybe I'll build a "Mamiya Z-to-Nikon F" adapter out of some Nikon extension tubes so I can use this on my Nikon with aperture control. The aperture ring doesn't adjust the aperture when the lens is not mounted to a camera, but I've got a way to manually set the aperture with a bent paperclip.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    You could try here.

http://rherron.conforums.com/

Got three here, all work just fine , [ZM, ZM, ZE2], ZM is the better option, i think all those that did not pass inspection were sent to Iowa.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pakeha View Post
    You could try here.

http://rherron.conforums.com/

Got three here, all work just fine , [ZM, ZM, ZE2], ZM is the better option, i think all those that did not pass inspection were sent to Iowa.

I agree, because the ones on the west coast were fantastic in my experience.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin