Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,807   Posts: 1,581,450   Online: 1105

Shooter
    Multi Format

Looking for non-functioning cameras

Hi folks.

I am looking for NON-FUNCTIONING cameras to use as props. I prefer something that is unique such as folding cameras, TLRs, etc. Typical point-and-shoot or SLR is not what I am looking for. Lens can be badly scratched, shutter non-functional, etc, etc, etc. Since it will be used as props, I'd prefer not ones that are badly dented, smashed up, or ones with obvious visual defect. I am not even going to attempt to fix them, so if inside is gutted, that's fine, too.

I thought I'd ask here before going to flea markets....
    Last edited by tkamiya; 03-03-2010 at 12:31 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Please make your offers with price and shipping to 32703 zip code. Thank you.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    Hi folks.

I am looking for NON-FUNCTIONING cameras to use as props. I prefer something that is unique such as folding cameras, TLRs, etc. Typical point-and-shoot or SLR is not what I am looking for. Lens can be badly scratched, shutter non-functional, etc, etc, etc. Since it will be used as props, I'd prefer not ones that are badly dented, smashed up, or ones with obvious visual defect. I am not even going to attempt to fix them, so if inside is gutted, that's fine, too.

I thought I'd ask here before going to flea markets....
    Are you still looking for camera props? I'm a collector - and have several that you would like I'm sure (Zeiss-Ikons, etc.)
    Ancient-One
    Just came aboard tonight. 4-6-10

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    If it is a non-funtioning 120 rangefinder with decent glass, I might offer more.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've got a mamiya 35 magazine. its broken, it slipped out of its case about 3 months ago and the lense hit the ground first, the shutter doesn't work and there some dents around the outside of the lense. make an offer, i can supply pics as well.

pm me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've got a non-functioning relative-looks okay, doesn't do anything. Everything's there, just not working. Makes a good prop. In front of a TV he'll stay propped for hours without moving. Actually, works a little-enough for beer and smokes. If you can use him I'll pay shipping. :rolleyes:
    Last edited by lxdude; 04-12-2010 at 06:42 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As of now, I'm pretty much set. Thanks everybody for offers.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin