Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,770   Online: 981

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTB: 117 film spools

WTB: 117 film spools.

Please help me get my fine old Original Rolleiflex up and running. I'm located in Ottawa.

Thanks.
    Michael Robert Taylor
    Ottawa

I wish I'D said that.... Bartlett

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/browsei...imageuser=7358

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just used normal 120 in my old Rollei. The 117 had back markings for 6x6 vs the 6x9 that was the norm at the time. Have you tried a 120 spool? Why didn't it work?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey, outwest.

I've tried 120 in the past; the spool rims are too wide; won't jam in no way. Since I was on Rollei model I mode today, I cut the rim off of a 120 roll and it fit in the bottom spot. Since there are no pins there, it rolls in a kind of Flintstone way and will pop out due to the irregularities. With the door closed, success. I then placed a 620 spool in the take-up spot (narrower diameter spool rim, tho' a bit loose) and voila! I just got in the door from shooting a few frames.

I'd still like to try a 117 spool in the take-up spot, but I'm pleased with this progress. I'd prefer to use a camera now and again than to have it only living on a shelf.

Cheers.
    Michael Robert Taylor
    Ottawa

I wish I'D said that.... Bartlett

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/browsei...imageuser=7358

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin