Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,714   Posts: 1,514,751   Online: 805

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I think this is more of what he is thinking...

http://www.collodion.org/workshop.html

Scroll down a ways to see the back-of-the-car darkroom.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    You might see about buying a small hauling trailer like U-Haul uses, these are often available for cheap. A tall stool will allow you a comfortable work area and there is plenty of room for gear. You could even sleep in it as needed on road-trips, I've seen them used for this a number of times.

Eli

Images
    GO for a 79 or 80 4WD if you can get them. Easy as hell to repair, can't be killed. I had one all the way through college and beyond.

Fond memories in that truck.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Gustavo,

You can get one with the standard automatic, without warning, acceleration package for real cheap these days.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Gustavo,

You can get one with the standard automatic, without warning, acceleration package for real cheap these days.

Steve
    chuckle, chuckle-snort-chuckle---snort--guffaw

Rick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Toyota--Once you get one, you can't stop!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Gustavo,

I own a '91 Landcruiser with 250k+ miles on it and it's the most reliable vehicle I have owned, contrary to what some people have remarked. I purchased it after I had a little Toyota pickup (with the infamous 22RE, the year before it was branded Tacoma) and that truck was bomb-proof. I got that little truck from my sister who actually drove it a whole year with no oil registering at all on the dipstick, and it did not affect it all whatsoever.
    Back to the Landcruiser; I can tell you that MINE can go literally anywhere, and not get stuck, and I do just that with it... though it does also have a 3" Old Man Emu lift kit and lockers. This truck is more than large enough for any venture you could pursue with it, and in fact I remove the 2nd, and 3rd row seating and have a plywood flatbed I created which perfectly fits a full sized air mattress, and a gear stow space underneath. Two caveats with this setup though: 1. It will not be as cheap as the little Toyota, though Ive seen some that can be had in a similar year, in the 3-5k price range. 2. It is a gas hog. It has a standard inline 6, but this engine is huge, and because of the full time 4WD, it is not fuel friendly. Hwy mileage is actually not the worst (10-15MPG I would guess), but if you spend the day driving around a city, you can literally watch your fuel gauge meter descend.

Other than those 2 caveats, I highly recommend it. I've had to put in a new radiator since I've personally owned it (going on 6 years). That was a replacement to the original. The best part about this truck is I just get in, turn the key and go.

Good luck,
    Cornelius

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    The old 4 runner had a 2.8 L diesel here. The saying went. " ALWAYS LATE IN A 2.8"
    Pat
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin