Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,382   Online: 777

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Looking for a Toyota Truck

Hi I know this may be not the best place to look for such things but hey what the heck !
    I am looking for a Toyota Truck in good driving condition to use as a wetplate darkroom and camping with the 22R engine 4 cylinder 4X4 will be best a 4runner even better !!!!
    manual transmission works for me!
    I will travel to pick it up !
    small budget !! I can also trade prints as part of a deal !
    email me at Gustavo@Ironworkx.net !
    Gustavo Castilla
    We are not moved by things ,
    but by the views we take of them.
    Epictitus.
    My site
    My flicker page
    Facebook
    Contact

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Gustavo,
    I've owned a Toyota 4 Runner, and I really can't see being able to use it for darkroom purposes. Unless you're a contortionist

It was also a POS, but maybe i just got lucky.

tb
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Try this, its waterproof and has a bit more room.

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/van-...ade-me-2973533

regards,
    CW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What’s the difference between a 4x4 and a 4 Runner?

Philippe
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leicam5 View Post
    What’s the difference between a 4x4 and a 4 Runner?

Philippe
    A 4x4 is any vehicle with four wheel drive(used to be 4 speed gear box with 4 wheel drive) a 4Runner is a specific Toyota model SUV.

Rick

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm holding onto my '98 Tacoma4x4 4 cylinder. although not set up for wet-plate work, the idea is there for a camp-shell with side lift "windows", fitted with movable interior shelving and fabric tent. I think an ideal vehicle for wet-plate darkroom, good luck!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wouldn't a small motor home work better for that? Toyota used to make one looked like a mini winnibago. They had sinks and counter space. Another thought would be a small tow behind, set up like a concession stand inside. You could pull it with the 4x4, then park it to go wheelin'.

Rick

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    One doesn't need a lot of room for wet plate and the "darkroom" has a bit of a different setup than a typical wet process darkroom. Many work out of the back of the vehicle in a tent or similar.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm surprised no one brought this up already? Is it mandatory that you get a Toyota??... I'd be worried it would take off uncontrollably as the gas pedal opened up the throttle while developing a plate in the dark!! Sorry I could not resist.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a 2009 Tacoma with the small rear seat and suicide doors and if you put a tall topper on it you would still have to lay down to do anything I am sure. You would be better off getting something else as your darkroom, but a you cant really go wrong with a Toyota as your vehicle. I live in Alaska and even with regular Dunlop highway tires I never get stuck, just turn the knob and put it in 4 wheel high. I even drive on the highway at 60 MPH in 4 wheel high when the roads havent been plowed very well.
    "A picture is a poem without words"
    ~Horace~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin