Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,886   Posts: 1,520,596   Online: 1046

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Yashica A accessories

Looking for accessories for a Yashica A TLR. Need a lens cap and filters. This camera, as far as I know, does not use the Bay1 caps and filters. It needs 32 mm push-on caps and filters. Any help would be appreciated.

Shooter
    35mm
    Good luck. I've been searching for a couple of years now for stuff like that for my "A" with no luck. Let me know if you run across anything. If I happen to find anything, I'll let you know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am fortunate that my A came with the lens cap (a dual affair that covers both the taking and viewing lenses). But finding filters was a bigger challenge.

The solution I adopted was to start with a slip-on filter that I found in a junk bin at a photo flea-market. I don't recall what it was and that's irrelevant because it was badly scratched. I removed the glass, and the epoxied it to a Cokin A adaptor ring. That allows me to slip the modified Cokin holder onto the taking lens, giving me a wide selection of filters to choose from.
    Louie

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Monophoto View Post
    The solution I adopted was to start with a slip-on filter that I found in a junk bin at a photo flea-market. I don't recall what it was and that's irrelevant because it was badly scratched. I removed the glass, and the epoxied it to a Cokin A adaptor ring. That allows me to slip the modified Cokin holder onto the taking lens, giving me a wide selection of filters to choose from.
    I did something similar. There just isn't anything out there anymore for 32mm.

Shooter
    35mm
    Was exchanging ideas with a collector this week and his comment was to make lens caps. Just bought a minty case for my Yashica A, so it has some protection, now (no lens caps).
    "I have no idea how to respond to the OP, so in the time honored tradition, I'm going to wade in, anyway!"

Shooter
    Large Format
    I had one of these cameras but sold it. I still have a Tiffen Series #5 slip on adapter ring that I believe I used on the A. It is marked 31.5mm. I could probably part with it and the Series #5 filters. If interested, PM me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for all the info folks. Sorry it took so long to reply. I have been able to order seperate 32mm lens caps. Maybe what Monophoto did with his slip on will work with a lens cap.

Shooter
    35mm
    If you're looking for a Series VI hood, I've got a couple of low cost VI hoods available w/ photos.
    "I have no idea how to respond to the OP, so in the time honored tradition, I'm going to wade in, anyway!"

Shooter
    35mm
    I picked up a Voigtlander slip-on lens hood (part number 310/32) from eBay. It showed up today and fits perfectly on the A. There are no filter threads on it, so I'll probably glue a 55mm UV filter to it and screw in other filters as needed. I seem to recall seeing one of these hoods on KEH's website, but I can't find it now, otherwise I would link to it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks. I am sorry ity took so long. I will look for that item.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin